Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

83 Dated PASGT

Article about: by Snake Master Were do you find the date of a PASGT helmet? Thanks, Michael michael nick is spot on locating the date stamp for you ,but please bear in mind this is only the contract issue

Default Re: 83 Dated PASGT

interesting bit of info gitana ,my unicor stamped pasgt has a 89 DLA stamp ,the crown stamp has an 88 over an 89 , regards james
    Regards James

nick can i ask what the dome stamp date is out of interest i just cant make it out if i enlarge your picture ,thanks james
    Regards James

?

here ya go mate
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 83 Dated PASGT  

Quote by NickD View Post
    here ya go mate
    thanks for taking the time nick ,what are your thoughts on the number range 83-86 is likely 1986 manufacture ,hard to believe if its 83 made its 30 years old this year wow thanks again james
    Regards James

?

no worries mate

to be honest this is all still new to me & i haven't really done much in the way of research i originally thought dating these would be easier than dating M-1s looks like i was wrong

researching is my second favorite past time ,my first is buying the items ,is there much information on the web on pasgt's nick ,i know the very first prototype pasgt's had a cammo paint applied direct to the exterior composite ,now there would be a rare helmet if you could get hold of an example regards james
    Regards James

it deffo made in the latter part of 83 or the early part of 84 see the punch marks

?

Quote by col james View Post
    researching is my second favorite past time ,my first is buying the items ,is there much information on the web on pasgt's nick ,i know the very first prototype pasgt's had a cammo paint applied direct to the exterior composite ,now there would be a rare helmet if you could get hold of an example regards james

someone on USMF had one of those & he sold it on there as well.

?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    it deffo made in the latter part of 83 or the early part of 84 see the punch marks
    see those marks didn't really think much of them so now i know what to look for if i get another one so thanks for that René

i agree thanks René ill also know what to look for now ,so when this batch was manufactured it was for a 3 year period hence the 86 date is that correct kind regards james
    Regards James

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast