Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Adrian Helmet from Mexico

Article about: hey helmet-fans.. i want to share with you this Adrian Helmet, bought at a fleamarket in mexico city, for about 27 USD. it has a strange "poison-green-with black" -camo which seems

Default Adrian Helmet from Mexico

hey helmet-fans..
    i want to share with you this Adrian Helmet, bought at a fleamarket in mexico city, for about 27 USD. it has a strange "poison-green-with black" -camo which seems to be pretty aged,sorta ugly n´odd ?? but there is a nice olivegreen paint-layer underneeth that camo. insignia is missing, but i´ve got somewhere else an original one which i´ll put on it. actally i´m removing that camo, want that original olive-color back.. i hope i´m not commiting a crime here...
    Is there anyone who can tell me more about that helmet? Age ? What tipe of adrian is it ? Mexican or french made? What is this strange camo ?
    it is one misterious helmet... Any help is very welcome...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Adrian Helmet from Mexico   Adrian Helmet from Mexico  

Adrian Helmet from Mexico   Adrian Helmet from Mexico  

Default Re: Adrian Helmet from Mexico

Some info can be found here:

Mexicano 26 caballería

Cheers, Ade.

I'd leave the camo as is for now. It might be original. Does this helmet have external rivets to attach the brackets inside?

The French M26 has four times four rivets, in the rear, front and above the chinstrap bales. If these are missing, I would conclude this helmet to be of Mexican manufacture.

Use Google to get some photographic evidence of the Mexican M26 in actual use.

Cheers,
    Emile
    Last edited by emileverbunt; 10-11-2010 at 08:48 AM. Reason: spelling

Looks like a plausible camo to me. I also see no wear and tear from these pictures of any insignia ever placed. Just leave it the way it is and get a better example if this doesn't float your boat. In my opinion this helmet has great research potential.

It looks neat. I have never seen a camo pattern like that. A cool research and display piece.

i did some research, and found this other helmet (actually being sold on internet for 1500 pesos), the camo-pattern seems quite identical, only in red... even stranger than the one on my helmet. i was told it could be a 1930´s police... "could be"... may need to visit some museums around here..
    actually i am removing part of that camo to reveal it´s original-color, but i´ll take the care to leave a good part of the helmet in it´s original state, so it´ll displays both. i´ll post a picture when my "restauration" is completed, (incl. an original badge)...

Adrian Helmet from MexicoAdrian Helmet from Mexico

?

Personally id leave this camo alone, to remove any part of it you will spoil the overall look of it, and possibly any value attached to it

I agree. If it turns out (which i doubt) it is a rare piece, you would have ruined it. I wouldn't touch a thing. I've done that before, and I kick myself in the back side.

Mexican adrian news !!
    Today i ve seen a stack of 7 mexican adrian helmets at a market, olivegreen with age-rust and no camo paint and no badge, but some showed an obvious stain. And some of them had the famous two ribbets on every side (french made??)... I might go and get one or two of them next weekend.. Keep you posted..

May I ask where in Mexico City you can find these helmets? I have been wanting an original Mexican Army Adrian for a long time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast