Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Adrian Helmet from Mexico

Article about: hey helmet-fans.. i want to share with you this Adrian Helmet, bought at a fleamarket in mexico city, for about 27 USD. it has a strange "poison-green-with black" -camo which seems

Default Re: Adrian Helmet from Mexico

Have a look at Ebay. There is one being offered. I 'll paste the text in this message.
    A lot of info this guy gives is plausible.
    Cheers,
    Emile
    Mexican French Transitional M23 WWII Adrian Helmet - eBay (item 230560151611 end time Dec-12-10 18:09:49 PST)
    Mexican / French Transitional M23 Adrian Helmet

"I still have too many helmets in my collection. My numbers are going down but yes, still too many. If I can't display them properly in my now much smaller place of residence then, sadly, they must go.

Here is a helmet that is super rare and rarer that anyone even knows what it is. I can't even prove it definitively but this is what I do know;

There was a French helmet that was in between the WWI M15 and the WWII M26. This was called the M23. It combined features of both helmets.

The M15: Four piece magnetic steel construction, (bowl, front visor, rear visor, comb.) Seven to eight tongued leather liner attached to shell with soldered clips. Corrugated spacers around the liner with a slotted vent in the dome of the bowl.

The M26: Two piece non-magnetic steel Construction, (one piece bowl and comb.) Four to six tongued leather liner attached to the shell by four double riveted spring brackets. These spring brackets kept the liner away from the shell which provided greater ventilation. The vent slot on the top was replaced by eight salt and pepper shaker like perforated holes.

The M23: Two piece non-magnetic steel Construction, like the M26. Four to six tongued leather liner, like the M26. Attached to the shell by the rivetless soldering, like the M15 of four spring brackets like those of the M26. Some M23's can be found vented by both slotted and perforated domes.

Most of these "experimental" M23's went to Yugoslavia only to be captured by Bulgaria and reissued to their soldiers. A small amount went to Mexico. Mexico also imported the standard M26 later on. It wasn't until 1940 when world hostilities and the fall of France prodded them to start producing their own. These M40's were used right up into the 1970s.

This is a transitional M23. It came out of Mexico. The paint scheme, I am told is that of the Jaguars Rojo Infantry Division. This would have been a ceremonial kind of unit helmet, one of the older ones that was taken out of service and replaced by a M26 or an M40.

It's an interesting piece with an interesting trail."
    Last edited by emileverbunt; 12-10-2010 at 01:11 PM. Reason: spelling

Sometimes, on rather rare occasions you might find one or another example at the "Lagunillla Antique Market", on sundays.. It´s quite close to "Garibaldi. Althrough usually the helmets are pretty mistreated and without badges. I, ve got myself a second helmet by now..

Quote by tampalam View Post
    May I ask where in Mexico City you can find these helmets? I have been wanting an original Mexican Army Adrian for a long time.

doughboy1917
    ?

Hi, I like your, Adrian, I tink its made in México, the firts Adrian helmets mexican army was made in frence, realy its a old matirial from WWI and some adrian 1926, but in the 30´s before second war, México was manufacturing yourselfs helmets (In the FABRILES, this is the name of the plant ownes of mexican army) , but some like the adrian frenchs, the original paint its like adrian frenchs, I have 5 helmets and the last time using in 1960 for Distrito Federal police and was blue dark paint , about the camo I tink don´t is a oficial from mexican army, realy mexican camo its realative new for using , but the helmet its original, but i dont ´see a symbol for example two cannon cross or two rifle cross with a trump in beetwin

best reagars from Monterrey México

Quote by doughboy1917 View Post
    Hi, I like your, Adrian, I tink its made in México, the firts Adrian helmets mexican army was made in frence, realy its a old matirial from WWI and some adrian 1926, but in the 30´s before second war, México was manufacturing yourselfs helmets (In the FABRILES, this is the name of the plant ownes of mexican army) , but some like the adrian frenchs, the original paint its like adrian frenchs, I have 5 helmets and the last time using in 1960 for Distrito Federal police and was blue dark paint , about the camo I tink don´t is a oficial from mexican army, realy mexican camo its realative new for using , but the helmet its original, but i dont ´see a symbol for example two cannon cross or two rifle cross with a trump in beetwin

best reagars from Monterrey México

Muchas gracias amigo por la información que me diste, ya que casi nadie me pudo decir algo bueno de esos cascos.. Entonces el que tiene los remaches es el Made in France y el sin remaches con el camo es Made in Mexico? Consegui un emblema con un rifle y un sable cruzados por 200 pesos en un mercado en el DF, algo caro siento, para completar uno de los cascos, ya que ambos venian sin insignia alguna. y no se donde conseguir otra mas... A ver si algun dia veo uno de los azules que me dices...
    Buena onda Doughboy !!!!

Quote by danhashman View Post
    Muchas gracias amigo por la información que me diste, ya que casi nadie me pudo decir algo bueno de esos cascos.. Entonces el que tiene los remaches es el Made in France y el sin remaches con el camo es Made in Mexico? Consegui un emblema con un rifle y un sable cruzados por 200 pesos en un mercado en el DF, algo caro siento, para completar uno de los cascos, ya que ambos venian sin insignia alguna. y no se donde conseguir otra mas... A ver si algun dia veo uno de los azules que me dices...
    Buena onda Doughboy !!!!

Yo tambien quiero algun casco de estos.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2