MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Another CL/C Helmet.

Article about: This is the first WW2 helmet I ever bought. I've had it for about 15 years or so. I only paid \\$20 USD for it at a small gun show. It is marked CL/C 1942 then 69 beneath that. The liner is ma

Default Another CL/C Helmet.

This is the first WW2 helmet I ever bought. I've had it for about 15 years or so. I only paid $20 USD for it at a small gun show. It is marked CL/C 1942 then 69 beneath that. The liner is marked 7 VMC II 1943. I have no clue as to what the chinstrap is marked. The shell dressing is Australian 1939 dated. Just thought I would post a few pics since a few CLC helmets have been posted lately.

Another CL/C Helmet.

?

Hi Devin always nice to see Canadian Mk II helmets I have a couple of C.L./C. 42's in my collection as well thanks for sharing the steel batch number I have not seen this particular one yet hard to make out what is printed on the chinstrap but it could be the soldiers initials/ and or unit followed by his service number I have rotated the picture to make it a little easier to see.
    Please refrain from using outside image hosting sites such as flicker to post your pictures to the forum if you close your account or delete your pictures all the images you have posted in the thread will be lost making the thread near useless for future reference.

Regards Mark
    Attached Images Attached Images Another CL/C Helmet. 

Is the net correct for this helmet? It seems really big and has been tucked behind the foam pads in the liner.

Sorry about the pics. I was just use to having to use outside image hosting, but I did use the site for the last pic. It was giving me a fit trying to get it to resize small enough to fit on the page.

?

Hi Devin IMO the net is British from my understanding if the net is large enough to fit a a Mk III it very well could have been manufactured either very late war or early post war .

Regards Mark

Nice helmet, I definitely would of paid $20 for that!