Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Any one have any thoughts on this flashed British Mk II ?

Article about: A friend and fellow collector has had this British Mk II helmet in his collection for some time and has asked for some assistance in identifying the army group that it may have been used by

?

Default Any one have any thoughts on this flashed British Mk II ?

A friend and fellow collector has had this British Mk II helmet in his collection for some time and has asked for some assistance in identifying the army group that it may have been used by he can not find a comparable that would have been used by the British army and thought that it might have been a Canadian flash ...
    I have searched through all the reference material and images that I have and as well have drawn a blank if any of you gents have any thoughts on this particular Mk II any input to the army group and or possibly the country of origin would be greatly appreciated...
    I have as well searched out war time flashed SA examples on the off chance that it may have been used by one of the other Commonwealth Nations...

Regards Mark
    Attached Images Attached Images Any one have any thoughts on this flashed British Mk II ? 

?

What are the colours Mark, Red/white/?

?

Morning Aaron sorry for the late reply I have asked Pete for a close up of the flash and for his opinion on the colours that were used at the time of application...

Regards Mark

Mark,

That shape flash says Canadian to me or just possibly Aussie.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Thanks for the reply Jerry I thought Canadian as well but just cant find one to compare it to but still hunting through period images ...

Regards Mark

?

Morning Aaron and Jerry here is a close up image of the flash and the centre stripe is indeed a light pale green in colour with red and burgundy triangles painted on top and bottom...
    I have started to look at battalion and army group vehicle insignia pennants on the off chance that some one may have incorporated a vehicle pennant into this flash ...

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Any one have any thoughts on this flashed British Mk II ?  

Hi Mark, I have had a good "root around" and sadly I cannot find a match either, it is a fine looking helmet all the same. Let's hope some positive information comes to light. Leon.

?

Many thanx Leon it is a beuty of a Mk II and one I would love to have on my own shelf IMO the flash makes this an extremley interesting example and I do fell it is indeed war time applied ...
    I shall pass the images along to a few friends and post it to a couple of other venues that I belong to in the hopes that someone recognizes the colors and or the division and or army group flash...

Regards Mark
    Last edited by Mark K; 07-18-2016 at 06:00 PM.

Certainly looks convincing Mark, just a mystery for now.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Not an Australian colour patch that I recognise.

Oz.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast