Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Argentinian M2 paratrooper helmet

Article about: by emileverbunt Hi all, This helmet I would call a M1C not a M2. The helmets shown have flexible bales. The war time M2 was equiped with large fixed bales with the shape of a letter C (nothi

Default Re: Argentinian M2 paratrooper helmet

Quote by emileverbunt View Post
    Hi all,

This helmet I would call a M1C not a M2. The helmets shown have flexible bales.

The war time M2 was equiped with large fixed bales with the shape of a letter C (nothing to do with M1C). The bales easily broke off, therefore these M2 helmets were not used after the war by any nation as far as I know.

Cheers,
    Emile
    Hi.

Your right, this would be classed as an M1c, when I originally posted this lid,I got the info for it,from another forum,so I assumed it was classed as a M2.

Thanks for the information

Hello Emile, thanks for the info about diference between American M1, M2 and M1C, this one is Argentine made helmet, and the oficially name is: "casco de acero NATO de Paracaidista FM"

Gaz: if you needed any assistance about translation with the lynk , please call me!
    Regards Daniel

Quote by hard hat diver View Post
    Hello Emile, thanks for the info about diference between American M1, M2 and M1C, this one is Argentine made helmet, and the oficially name is: "casco de acero NATO de Paracaidista FM"

Gaz: if you needed any assistance about translation with the lynk , please call me!
    Regards Daniel
    Hi Daniel.

Thanks for the offer of translation,and for all your help with my lids

Hello Gaz and Daniel,
    I was reading all this thread, and found there was an NCO called GODOY serving at Malvinas war, he was on 601 Commando Company. Surprisingly, there were two GODOY's serving at the same Company with the same rank: Mr. GODOY, Hector Raul and Mr. GODOY, Felix Ramon.
    They apparently still alive and retired, I will contact some veterans to try to contact them.
    Congratulations for that piece of history. I found an M1 on Scotland and brought it back to Argentina last year, I must make a thread of it, but have no enough time... I will do it soon. Cheers.

ps: About M1, there were 2 soldiers called OBREGON on RI5, but any of them with rank or called "David", sorry. By the way, another info on those marks suggest he was on the music band ( "BANDA" ).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2