Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Army MkII

Article about: REM, remploy Ltd. It looks like 1 or 4 -54 which might be the date.

?

Default Army MkII

You would think these army MkII's with matt khaki green textured paint outside & smooth inside would be easy to find, but the not. A bit like the matt dark brown textured painted MkII's that followed khaki ones in 1941/42. The shiny khaki green ones seem to easy to get?
    The shell is dated 1940 & made by RO&CO, the liner is also 40 dated but made by TTC.
    If anyone has one like this or the brown textured MkII please post some pics.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Army MkII   Army MkII  

Army MkII   Army MkII  

Army MkII   Army MkII  

Army MkII  

?

Default Re: Army MkII

Nice. Its exterior paint looks like WWI paint.
    Piotrek

NCA
    ?

Sorry if i have asked this before but is there a sort of 'timeline' of colours on mk2's?

?

The first helmets used in WW2 were the MkI* which were refurbed in 37-39, they were matt textured khaki green outside & smooth inside. Although the MkII helmet shown above is dated 1940 it might not have been painted until sometime in 41. 41/42 seems to be the date most people recognise as the year that the dark brown matt textured paint started to be used, but did they use khaki textured paint in 1940 on the MkII as well.
    Here's some pictures of a dark brown matt textured painted MkII, the textured paint is inside & out. The shell I think was made by EC&Co Ltd 194? the liner is dated 1940 & made by TTC.

Army MkII   Army MkII  

Army MkII   Army MkII  

?

I've the helmet in the same configuration (texture outside/smooth inside), but the paint is light green, post WWII. Am I right?

F&L and JCS 1939
    Piotrek

?

Hard to tell if it was painted post war, have you a pic of the inside.

?

These MkII's were used into the 50's & some like this one were refurbished. It's an early MkII shell 38-39 painted dark brown textured paint inside & out, it also had an 1950's dated MkII liner.

Army MkII  

?

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Hard to tell if it was painted post war, have you a pic of the inside.
    Here they are

The chinstrap is CD.

"REM MkII 1955" - I've never seen this. Nice!
    Piotrek

?

I've seen a few of these chin straps but have'nt taken much notice to find out if there CD or not, so thanks.
    Here's another post war painted MkII not the dark brown more khaki green. Notice also the ink stamp inside.

?

Hard to see... "...-54 ...-R" - can You see more?
    "REM" - what producer?
    Piotrek

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast