Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Australian No. 1 Mk. II Helmet named to RAAF Cpl from Perth WA

Article about: Hello everyone After promising my wife that I wasn't going to purchase any more helmets for a little while, I "accidentally" bought this one off eBay this week. It didn't seem over

?

Hi Jake just my opinion on the Material problem side of it but logistically it makes sense and we as well do not know much about the prep work on the Mk II's before paint what paint formulas were used by GB, Canada and or Australia this as well may make a huge difference on the over all hardness of the paint and durability .
    I have noticed though that early war Brit helmets and early prewar examples seem to weather the storm better or is this just my imagination .

Regards Mark

I think it seems possible Mark,when time wasn't such a crucial element,then things being rushed through very quickly and so on,I've never really seen a Brit Lid that can match the quality or look of whats been shown on many threads here.

?

Thank you everyone for your comments both for and against, I didn't think it would have such a polarising effect.

Its just that were are bored s....... Alex and have nothing better to do,I mean threads are exceptionally slow going at the moment,its all good stuff overall...........

Not really polarizing mate..its a good helmet, im just not convinced on the name...but its still a good helmet

?

I as well rather really like this helmet Alex and I really like threads like these as IMO some good information can be drawn from the thoughts and opinions of collectors from different parts of the globe as to the name Who can say really with inn a 100% but I do have a couple of Canadian examples with similar pencil etchings Bit of a leap of faith required perhaps.

Regards Mark

For any nay sayers on the name, I would draw attention to the old scuff mark going through the letter "J". This has left an old rust mark. It has not been painted around. Enlarge the pic and look.

It is a nice lid.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3