Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

BEF Dunkirk Veteran Helmet

Article about: I helped organise a display for this weekend of rememberance and one of the chaps involved brought along his fathers BEF/Dunkirk helmet, as you can see, his father had a near miss, the damag

Default BEF Dunkirk Veteran Helmet

I helped organise a display for this weekend of rememberance and one of the chaps involved brought along his fathers BEF/Dunkirk helmet, as you can see, his father had a near miss, the damaged was caused by a bullet catching the underside of the rim of the helmet and left the wearer with a serious headache apparently.
    Regards
    Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BEF Dunkirk Veteran Helmet   BEF Dunkirk Veteran Helmet  

BEF Dunkirk Veteran Helmet   BEF Dunkirk Veteran Helmet  

Wow, what a stroke of fate, that he survived, incredible !

Lol - looks like it was hit with a dull axe.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

looks more like it was smacked with the edge of a shovel. Bullets don't behave like that.

I have to disagree with the last two comments, having seen the way the mark to the helmet is formed, I do believe it has been struck by a bullet. Attached is the medical card issued to Sgt Beasley, apparently he had severe concussion.
    Regards
    Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BEF Dunkirk Veteran Helmet   BEF Dunkirk Veteran Helmet