MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

British Army Mk II

Article about: British Army Mk II with a green textured finish which has obliterated the date stamp and manufactures mark the only hint I have to the production date are the chinstrap lugs which are Mk III

?

Default British Army Mk II

British Army Mk II with a green textured finish which has obliterated the date stamp and manufactures mark the only hint I have to the production date are the chinstrap lugs which are Mk III's and dated to 1940...
    I have been unable to find a manufactures mark on the liner but have not removed it as of yet for an in hand inspection...

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Army Mk II   British Army Mk II  

British Army Mk II   British Army Mk II  

?

Hi Mark, as a general rule, textured paint on the inside was from sometime in 1941. Liner might well be around that date.

You've been on a buying spree Mark! Another lovely helmet with character. Leon.

Geeze Mark again another nice helmet!

Is that a hint of net ghosting I can see. Another fine mkii Mark.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Another great lid Mark,the net is fantastic.........

SMP
    ?

Hi Mark,

Is it a purpose built helmet net, or a piece of cut down camo netting ?

Thanks

Steve

?

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Hi Mark, as a general rule, textured paint on the inside was from sometime in 1941. Liner might well be around that date.
    Many thanx Jake and Rene and I appreciate the information on the helmet Aaron on the norm I will pull the liner around a little to look for any marks and or date codes but this one is rather on the fragile side I thought it best to leave it be..
    Steve I am of the opinion that this is a piece of cut down camo netting as there is no finished edge to the section of cloth and yes Jerry there is a bit of a ghost image from a net imprinted on the helmet body...
    I have picked up quite a few helmets as of late Leon but I have had this helmet in my collection for some time now but like many of my helmets I have never posted it in a thread on its own and will add them to my thread in the collection section of the forum ...

Regards Mark