Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

British Army Mk2

Article about: Hello to all, I wanted to show you this helmet that has emerged recently during the clearance of an old house, it is a Army Mk2, much used with paint to 40%, but un-touched complete with all

Default British Army Mk2

Hello to all,
    I wanted to show you this helmet that has emerged recently during the clearance of an old house, it is a Army Mk2, much used with paint to 40%, but un-touched complete with all its components.
    I know that it is not a rarity, but I could not let it go, the idea that it came to me as he had left his original owner more than 70 years ago it seemed an interesting thing.

Thank for looking!

Roberto

British Army Mk2British Army Mk2British Army Mk2British Army Mk2British Army Mk2British Army Mk2British Army Mk2British Army Mk2British Army Mk2British Army Mk2British Army Mk2

What a nice find Roberto ,Im really fond of the exterior paint finish and the whole unmolested look of her ,Hope you don't mind me asking but was this picked up locally to where you are in the world ,As always another fine addition to your collection and thanks for sharing regards James

Nothing wrong with a good un touched helmet Roberto, a nice find. ;Leon.

Quote by James C View Post
    What a nice find Roberto ,Im really fond of the exterior paint finish and the whole unmolested look of her ,Hope you don't mind me asking but was this picked up locally to where you are in the world ,As always another fine addition to your collection and thanks for sharing regards James
    Hi James,
    you can certainly ask and I answer with pleasure: this helmet has been found in UK by a person I know, who gave it to me immediately; when I received a few days ago, it was still covered with dust and cobwebs!

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Nothing wrong with a good un touched helmet Roberto, a nice find. ;Leon.
    Thanks Leon,
    I'm glad that you think like me!

?

A MKII helmet like that appeals to me more than something that might not have seen the outside of a storeroom.

Tony

Quote by ynot View Post
    A MKII helmet like that appeals to me more than something that might not have seen the outside of a storeroom.

Tony
    Yes Tony,
    that's why I took it, immediately sent to me a feeling of lived history.

Roberto

Many thanks Roberto for the extra background information