Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

British Bakelite Helmet, Dutch Liner

Article about: After reading another thread about mk2 helmets, i thought id bring this one into discussion. Bakelite helmet with makers mark inside. I know that mk2's were sold to the dutch post war howeve

Default British Bakelite Helmet, Dutch Liner

After reading another thread about mk2 helmets, i thought id bring this one into discussion. Bakelite helmet with makers mark inside.

I know that mk2's were sold to the dutch post war however i have never heard of bakelite helmets being setn. Can anyone give me any information?

Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Bakelite Helmet, Dutch Liner   British Bakelite Helmet, Dutch Liner  

British Bakelite Helmet, Dutch Liner  

Default Re: British Bakelite Helmet, Dutch Liner

It does look to have a Dutch liner and neck flap and I can only assume that they did send them to the Nederlands postwar but have no direct knowledge that this happened.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

i always thought the bakelite version of the mk11's were private purchase only
    Regards James

Its also possible that the liner was replaced by the previous owner?

?

The Bakelite helmets were private purchase, so does seem odd that the Dutch would have bought them. But as said the neck protector & liner could have been put in at a later date.
    The Dutch also used the Civilian protective helmet as well post war.

The Dutch used many models for the post war CD organisation. I have seen MkII's (British and Dutch), MkI*'s. SA MkII's, Zuckermann's, Alu MkII clones, Plastic MkII's and so on. It does not surprise me to see a private purchase baklelite helmet. Although I have not seen one before. Nice catch!

Cheers,
    Emile