Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

British Camo Helmet.

Article about: I agree, only paid £10 so i cant see why someone would go to the efforts of faking it for that.

Default British Camo Helmet.

Bought this helmet today. Can i have peoples opinions please. Does the camo look ok as have not seen many helmets like before.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images British Camo Helmet.  British Camo Helmet.  British Camo Helmet. 

?

Default Re: British Camo Helmet.

The pattern screams "Malta Camo" to me, but to my knowledge this is not how it would have been applied. A variant perhaps.

Martin

Thanks for the info.

?

I saw that. It seems this has been shown in another forum (is there another one?) and it has been OK'd. If you could find out which one from the seller. It's very unusual, and is aping Malta cammo, but not one I've seen. Almost had that myself, just to find out what exactly it is!

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

That's why i bought it. Looking forward for it to be delivered so i can take a real look.

Hey guys, aked the seller what forum he originally put this helmet on. It appears that originally this had a post war liner in which the seller decided to remove and sell as WW2. Here's the link to the other forum:

British Camo Helmet ww2 - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

?

Quote by edelweiss123 View Post
    Hey guys, aked the seller what forum he originally put this helmet on. It appears that originally this had a post war liner in which the seller decided to remove and sell as WW2. Here's the link to the other forum:

British Camo Helmet ww2 - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    Hardly an OK?

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Certainly not an ok. There are no markings on the helmet so obviously this was a deviant seller trying to make a quick quid.

?

I don't know, that's a lot of work gone into that for not a lot of return if a fake. Having said that, and looking at it again it does look a bit like cement. A strange one indeed.
    I'm sure somebody here will be able to shed some light on this.
    Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

Without the chin strap lugs, makes it hard to date or even tell which Country it comes from.
    Aaron

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast