Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

British Camo Helmet.

Article about: I agree, only paid £10 so i cant see why someone would go to the efforts of faking it for that.

Default Re: British Camo Helmet.

I agree, only paid £10 so i cant see why someone would go to the efforts of faking it for that.

?

Or an abandoned attempt to fake a quite expensive Malta camo, striped of the giveaway signs, and flogged off for whatever could be got.
    You can call me cynical...... :-)

Best Regards,

Andy

Im really on the fence on this one. On the one hand why would someone go to the trouble (would have got more for it with the liner left in probably). Also, I was reading a site talking about Malta camo that made a good point: i.e. that it was painted on all kinds of bits of military equipment and the style/ quality etc. depended on the paint available, interpretations in the orders for painting and what paint was available.

Having said that I can't see why the Dutch would have taken the Brit liner out and replaced it with their own and then kept the paint job. I dont know if the Dutch ever camo'd their helmets but the ones I have seen all seem to have smooth greenish paint jobs.

I look forward to finding out more.

Cheers.

As do i.

looks like a mortar mix has been applied ,in which time period is another matter ,once in hand look carefully for maker stamp its been possibly painted over

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2