MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast

British & Canadian nets & netted helmets

Article about: Just thought I'd put up a mish mash of WW2 British & Canadian nets, hopefully all wartime. The early war nets 1941 being the first year they were worn (maybe right maybe not?) are quite

?

Nice one Aaron I really like the woven nets I have never seen this particular type before looks like a very fine intricate weave.

Regards Mark

?

Until I had one of these Canadian two tone nets in my hand, I didn't realise how thicker & heavier they are to the British ones.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British & Canadian nets & netted helmets   British & Canadian nets & netted helmets  

British & Canadian nets & netted helmets   British & Canadian nets & netted helmets  

?

Hi Aaron they are quite heavy in comparison to British nets nice example BTW.

Regards Mark

Can someone sneak a peak at these 2 nets please as im having trouble trying to find a decent wartime example.....especially as there's so many postwar varities out there,thanks in advance...........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British & Canadian nets & netted helmets  
    Attached Images Attached Images British & Canadian nets & netted helmets 

SMP
    ?

- - ------- - -

Neither net is WW2 .

?

The knotted one could be either WW2 or post, they pretty much look the same.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British & Canadian nets & netted helmets   British & Canadian nets & netted helmets  

?

Here's one on an Mk4 used 50's 60's so has a good chance of being post war.

Im pleased to show here my first canadian helmet an absolute timewarp cl/c mk11 the liner and shell are both dated 1942 and it also has the early two tone weaved net ,i truly am gratefull to mark K for all his help and generosity to put this amazing lid into my helmet collection im chuffed to bits with it please ignore the bgs jacket ,ive been busy taking photos for other threads British & Canadian nets & netted helmetsBritish & Canadian nets & netted helmetsBritish & Canadian nets & netted helmetsBritish & Canadian nets & netted helmetsBritish & Canadian nets & netted helmetsBritish & Canadian nets & netted helmetsBritish & Canadian nets & netted helmets
    Regards James

?

Looks really good

Thats a great looking lid James,very good of Mark,fantastic condition too..........well done on both parties involved.........

Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast