Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast

British & Canadian nets & netted helmets

Article about: Just thought I'd put up a mish mash of WW2 British & Canadian nets, hopefully all wartime. The early war nets 1941 being the first year they were worn (maybe right maybe not?) are quite

?

Hi Steve it is a cracker indeed and if I did not have a few netted and scrimmed examples in my collection I would have kept bidding.

Regards Mark

Not an MKII, just wondering if the net is British or Canadian?

It sold on ebay for £36 (just the net not incl the M1), but what so special about this net?

British & Canadian nets & netted helmets

?

IMO not Canadian Mads looks loops British to me.

Regards Mark

SMP
    ?

Found this one in my spares box. Never knew what it was, but on closer inspection it looks like Mark's net at #119.
    Anyone recognise it ?

Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British & Canadian nets & netted helmets   British & Canadian nets & netted helmets  

British & Canadian nets & netted helmets   British & Canadian nets & netted helmets  

?

Hi Steve to the best of my knowledge there were two Canadian early war variations of this net produced that came out as stated one in an olive green and another produced in a khaki brown these were manufactured in small quantities and by mid 1943 were phased out as Canada adopted the new Bi color two tone nets which became standard issue .

RegardsMark

Early woven net in really nice condition 16x16 just sold for £30 on the bay,anyone here got it?....................

SMP
    ?

Just bought this lovely net on e-bay. An early Canadian net with both types of scrim. Hard to find nets with original scrim IMO.

( helmet added just for show )
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British & Canadian nets & netted helmets   British & Canadian nets & netted helmets  

British & Canadian nets & netted helmets   British & Canadian nets & netted helmets  

?

A very nice two tone Steve these are getting increasingly hard to source with original scrim ie...hessian and oil cloth ( America Cloth ) an example from my collection below that is sporting multi coloured strips of oilcloth in tan,green and browns...

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British & Canadian nets & netted helmets  

SMP
    ?

Nice net Mark !

Here is another knotted/scrimmed net for sale if any one is looking : WWII Canadian Camouflage Helmet Net with canvas scrim | eBay

Hallo,

I've this helmet but I dont undestand notingh.
    Red flash is canadian? For the type of helmet I think that is british becouse the clip is different to canadian helmet.

How you think about net?

ThanksBritish & Canadian nets & netted helmets
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British & Canadian nets & netted helmets  
    Attached Images Attached Images British & Canadian nets & netted helmets 

Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast