Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 ... LastLast

British & Canadian nets & netted helmets

Article about: Just thought I'd put up a mish mash of WW2 British & Canadian nets, hopefully all wartime. The early war nets 1941 being the first year they were worn (maybe right maybe not?) are quite

Haha thanks but Iquite like it myself :P
    I happened te be searching for one, and needed to get some other nets from the crate, and happened to find this one, eventhough I didn't see it the last few times I was there

SMP
    ?

Some MKI*,MKII, and MKIII with nets . Only the two Canadian nets have been added by me, the rest are original to the helmets they are on.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British & Canadian nets & netted helmets   British & Canadian nets & netted helmets  

British & Canadian nets & netted helmets   British & Canadian nets & netted helmets  

British & Canadian nets & netted helmets   British & Canadian nets & netted helmets  

SMP
    ?

..... a few more ,
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British & Canadian nets & netted helmets   British & Canadian nets & netted helmets  

?

A nice variation of nets.

SMP
    ?

Quote by tinlid View Post
    A nice variation of nets.
    Thanks, but there is still one variation missing.......a genuine S.A. net !

Happy to pay a load of ££ if anyone wants to sell me one .

?

You and me both.

SMP
    ?

Just added this one to the collection. Didn't really have the room, but couldn't resist this one. It has a connection to the terrible battle of Imphal in Burma through its previous owner ,Major General Louis Anthony Loup, who was seriously wounded there.

British & Canadian nets & netted helmets  

....room”?.....”ROOM”?!!!...who cares about room when you’ve got a helmet like this! :-)

SMP
    ?

This one is hanging on by a thread !

SMP
    ?

A new species ( at least to me ) . I am sure I have seen this type before, but I have certainly never owned one. It is hard for photos to convey just how light and delicate this net is. The number of rips and tears in this net probably mean it was not a great success . If anyone has a similar one, please post it. Thanks

Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 ... LastLast