Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

British & Canadian nets & netted helmets

Article about: Just thought I'd put up a mish mash of WW2 British & Canadian nets, hopefully all wartime. The early war nets 1941 being the first year they were worn (maybe right maybe not?) are quite

Default Re: British & Canadian nets & netted helmets

Last edited by reneblacky; 09-26-2020 at 05:42 AM. Reason: added text

I went ahead and purchased a two-tone camo net... very excited! My Canadian lid currently has a net on it that was supposed to be Canadian, but seems... too shiny.

Should I post it here or create a new thread? I will be sure to outfit my helmet in the two-tone net as soon as it arrives and post a picture!!

Just bought a canadian helmet so Im also looking for a two-tone net, anyone who knows where to get one?

?

Some interesting stuff here, a nice woven type net on that R.A helmet, slightly different from mine. Tony what a great collection of Polish items you have there I think the net or camouflage helmet cover is the same as mine produced by Dobson & M. Browne & Co Ltd of Nottingham.
    Joe, if you do a separate thread can you post some of the pics here after, cheers.
    Rene, I'm not that too clued up on Aussie nets but it does look similar to Aussie nets made by M.B.Wragg & Co Pty Ltd Gardenvale Victoria. But I'm not 100% sure.
    Aaron

?

Have seen these for awhile now, the US ebay ones are weird, never seen them in any pictures but that's not to say they are not WW2. Or they could be post war made for oversea Counties & not used by the British troops?
    The Australian one might be a British net not sure, I did buy a net off this person a few weeks ago ( a different listing ) & it turned out to be WW2 Canadian, absolutely mint it was just out of a crate.
    Aaron

Quote by tinlid View Post
    . . . I think the net or camouflage helmet cover is the same as mine produced by Dobson & M. Browne & Co Ltd of Nottingham.
    Good information, thanks Aaron

Here’s another Polish marked Mk.II helmet with WW2 era net, although for this one I added the net along with the field dressing. The net is a non-knotted type which was taken off an Mk.II I picked up at a gun show some years back. I was quite comfortable that the net and donor helmet had spent much of their life together, so hopefully wartime production.

Cheers,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British & Canadian nets & netted helmets   British & Canadian nets & netted helmets  

British & Canadian nets & netted helmets   British & Canadian nets & netted helmets  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

Nice net & helmet Net looks the same as 1 of mine. I've had this net & helmet about 32 years.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British & Canadian nets & netted helmets   British & Canadian nets & netted helmets  

British & Canadian nets & netted helmets   British & Canadian nets & netted helmets  

British & Canadian nets & netted helmets  

Hi Aaron - yes indeed, the net does look the same. And a super looking helmet as well

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Here is my Canadian lid w Canadian net!

British & Canadian nets & netted helmetsBritish & Canadian nets & netted helmetsBritish & Canadian nets & netted helmetsBritish & Canadian nets & netted helmetsBritish & Canadian nets & netted helmets

Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast