Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

British & Canadian nets & netted helmets

Article about: Just thought I'd put up a mish mash of WW2 British & Canadian nets, hopefully all wartime. The early war nets 1941 being the first year they were worn (maybe right maybe not?) are quite

Default Re: British & Canadian nets & netted helmets

Nice one, Mark!

?

Thanx Joe I will post some better photos once it arrives in the next few days .

Regards Mark K

?

My Canadian two tone camo net arrived in the post today thought I would post a few more detailed images of the net fitted to one of my helmets with field dressing.

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British & Canadian nets & netted helmets   British & Canadian nets & netted helmets  

British & Canadian nets & netted helmets   British & Canadian nets & netted helmets  

British & Canadian nets & netted helmets   British & Canadian nets & netted helmets  

?

Looks good when you look closely at the way it's made there's a lot of work gone into that net.

Very nice condition

Cheers, Mads

?

Thanx Gents I have been waiting and watching patiently for one in decent condition IMO the wait was well worth it

Regards Mark K

?

Here's a few interesting pictures, they show Norwegian or Danish troops somewhere in Scotland in 1941. The nets they have on there helmets look to be South African nets, although the chap next to the officer with the binoculars seems to have a different net. I know we used some SA helmets for ARP use in the early war years, looks like we were evaluating the nets as well.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British & Canadian nets & netted helmets   British & Canadian nets & netted helmets  

Interesting to see SA helmets outside the North African Theatre.

Im quite confident that they are Norwegians, looks like the guy to the right on the first photo has written "Norge" on his left shoulder.

In 1941 there werent many Danes figting for the allieds just a small group in the Buffs, the rest were scattered all around the British forces, I got a few photos from the group in the Buffs taken in the UK 1942, but they dont wear nets.

Cheers, Mads

?

Thanks for that info Mads.

Gday all,
    Two Australian examples.
    Early war tan version with large weave.
    British & Canadian nets & netted helmetsBritish & Canadian nets & netted helmets

Late war jungle green version with tighter weave.
    British & Canadian nets & netted helmetsBritish & Canadian nets & netted helmetsBritish & Canadian nets & netted helmets

The tan model is a bit tattered and the material is quite fragile but these are had to locate so I am happy with it's general poor condition.It's part of my 37 pattern webbing set which sit's on my late 1942 9th Division AIF uniform display.
    Hope you find them interesting.
    Cheers and all the best
    Dave

Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast