Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

British & Canadian nets & netted helmets

Article about: Just thought I'd put up a mish mash of WW2 British & Canadian nets, hopefully all wartime. The early war nets 1941 being the first year they were worn (maybe right maybe not?) are quite

Default Re: British & Canadian nets & netted helmets

Good job you guys have flagged up those fake labels. Could have fooled me in the heat of the moment. I agree with Tinlid's comment in post #87

AIF
    ?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Here's the 3 I have- I'm unsure of the origin? top one and the left one
    Nice helmets mate! No idea on the top net it's new to me but the bottom left is Australian

Cheers Aaron & Luke
    Last edited by reneblacky; 05-23-2013 at 08:28 AM.

I bought a nice Canadian helmet with a net but the net had no drawstring luckily I found some nice old green shoelace? that is not made of nylon or any new/shiny material at a surplus store and I'm very happy with the way it looks. I'm sure a a drawstring from another net would be better but I'm fine with this for now and I don't know were to find just a drawstring.British & Canadian nets & netted helmets

?

Here's a near mint early woven net which the weave is slightly different.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British & Canadian nets & netted helmets   British & Canadian nets & netted helmets  

British & Canadian nets & netted helmets   British & Canadian nets & netted helmets  

?

Quote by CSM Gray View Post
    I bought a nice Canadian helmet with a net but the net had no drawstring luckily I found some nice old green shoelace? that is not made of nylon or any new/shiny material at a surplus store and I'm very happy with the way it looks. I'm sure a a drawstring from another net would be better but I'm fine with this for now and I don't know were to find just a drawstring.British & Canadian nets & netted helmets
    IMO finding a two tone draw string for the early Canadian issued Camouflage net for sale separately will be a daunting task and if you perchance come across one it will very likely be a case of being in the right place at the right time .

Regards Mark K

?

I came upon this nice used Canadian two tone a few days ago and had to have it IMO it is in the later second variation and lacks the intricate weaving as found on the earlier nets.
    There would also appear to be an absence of the thick merrowed woven edge as seen on variation 1 it has the look of once being applied to a helmet as there is slight discolorations and wear to the knots from rubbing on the shell .
    Hard to tell for positive till I have it in hand but the skrim would appear to be oil cloth image 2-3 are of the variation 1 which I have included for comparison thanks for looking.

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British & Canadian nets & netted helmets   British & Canadian nets & netted helmets  

?

The net arrived in the mail yesterday and it is a thing off beauty it is well worn,faded,and torn and now will reside on my 40 dated C.L./C Mk II .
    IMO the scrim is original to the net and is as I suspected strips of green and brown oil cloth I have included a few more images of the net and scrim for comparison with the 1 variation of the earlier woven style of net and for your viewing pleasure.

Regards Mark K

British & Canadian nets & netted helmets   British & Canadian nets & netted helmets  

?

A nice early woven net being used on a home guard Mk2 No2.C.

?

Nice early woven net Aaron is she new to your collection.

Regards Mark K

Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast