Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

British dispatch riders helmet, 1944, but painted bomb?

Article about: They used to be really cheap but have shot up in price over the last few years compared to Tommy helmets (Brodies are the first type used during WWI) but camo Tommies are also getting expens

Default British dispatch riders helmet, 1944, but painted bomb?

Could it be Royal Fusiliers London Regiment? Named inside "Sold Bruneel" I thought maybe Italian, "Soldati", but otherwise 100% British dated 1944 BMB made, anyone know anything about this, or what company BMB was?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British dispatch riders helmet, 1944, but painted bomb?   British dispatch riders helmet, 1944, but painted bomb?  

British dispatch riders helmet, 1944, but painted bomb?   British dispatch riders helmet, 1944, but painted bomb?  

BMB = Briggs Motor Bodies.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Royal Fusiliers is most likely I think, as you suggest. Looks good IMHO.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

very nice ,the shell must predate the liner as post 1941 examples had a protective outer rim

Thankyou, is the shell pre 1941? Briggs Motor Bodies, like our McChord Radiator...much chance it was used in a combat area? The name inside? Are these scarce like this? I payed $50.00 USD, because I liked it..some guys thought it was paratroopers, but the strap is not paras, but riders!

The shell is correct for the liner date.

Sadly the name would be impossible to research: our files here in the UK are closed.

Possibly used in combat but I suspect very late war or most likely (IMHO) by the British Army of the Rhine in Germany.

It is a nice lid. The price was fine!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thankyou, is there a mark and number associated with this? I like it alot, is it scarecer than a standard Brodies?

Sorry? INGLS DR???

It is a hyper link. Click on it. The site is in Spanish: Google translate it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast