Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

British EXPERIMENTAL GLIDER PILOTS HELMET dated 1942

Article about: Experimental GLIDER PILOTS 1942 dated WD helmet constructed in four sections of hard leather & similar to the B Type flying helmet ,made by (J.M. Ltd 1942). These were subsequently issue

Default Re: British EXPERIMENTAL GLIDER PILOTS HELMET dated 1942

....you class it as a DR helmet ..I and others class it as a GP helmet . I think on this one we wont agree ....
    very best wishes
    Steve

?

I'd love to say they were GP helmets, not least because they would be about £1000-2000 more than if they were DR helmets.
    If you can show me some evidence like paper work or pictures, like I showed you with the women NFS DR's. We are all hear to learn more about what we have got.
    I saw a film about the SAS in Africa in about 1941 showing them jumping out the back of trucks onto the sand,practising jumping out of a plane.They were all wearing the tankers crash helmets( Helmet, Crash, Royal Armoured Corps) Now not for one minute could you call these helmets SAS training helmets, they were HCRAC.
    Here's some pic's of the pulp crash helmet, note stamp on liner. Plus also WW2 pic of it being used.
    But this still does not mean my HCDR is a GP helmet, as I said earlier it could be a HCDR for the RAF.
    No proper proof, as yet anyway.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British EXPERIMENTAL GLIDER PILOTS HELMET dated 1942   British EXPERIMENTAL GLIDER PILOTS HELMET dated 1942  

British EXPERIMENTAL GLIDER PILOTS HELMET dated 1942   British EXPERIMENTAL GLIDER PILOTS HELMET dated 1942  

British EXPERIMENTAL GLIDER PILOTS HELMET dated 1942   British EXPERIMENTAL GLIDER PILOTS HELMET dated 1942  

?

Quote by arrestingu View Post
    I and others class it as a GP helmet
    Based on what? A similar shape, that's all proof I've seen thus far.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2