Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

British F&L 1/1939 MK2 Brodie helmet

Article about: I normally don't collect British helmets, infact, I'm selling all my non-German lids in order to buy more German lids lol This helmet is available if any of you Brit collectors want it, I ca

Talking British F&L 1/1939 MK2 Brodie helmet

I normally don't collect British helmets, infact, I'm selling all my non-German lids in order to buy more German lids lol
    This helmet is available if any of you Brit collectors want it, I can accept trades as well, PM me for more details.

Anyhow, this is my fully original MK2 Brodie helmet stamped F&L 1/1939 on the shell and the liner, it is in beautiful condition and has the original texture to it as well as the original wartime paintjob. I bought it off the family of the original owner a few years back and I have to admit that despite allied lids not being my speciality, this is one nice lid. The liner is intact and it's not dried up yet (although it is in a transitional period and needs to be better preserved), the chinstrap is intact and so is everything else.

Nice lid.

One thing though, I would not leave the chinstrap stretched over the brim, but that is your choice.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Nice helmet Bernhardt,
    I have a similar example, but used by a Fire Guards member.

Regards
    Roberto

British F&L 1/1939 MK2 Brodie helmetBritish F&L 1/1939 MK2 Brodie helmetBritish F&L 1/1939 MK2 Brodie helmetBritish F&L 1/1939 MK2 Brodie helmet

That's not just a "member" helmet....he was a Block Leader or Street Party Leader.....nice......

Quote by Composite View Post
    That's not just a "member" helmet....he was a Block Leader or Street Party Leader.....nice......
    Hi Ade,
    I knew it belonged to a Fire Guards Officer, but I was not sure of his rank, thank you for giving me this information.

Regards
    Roberto
    Last edited by OldSteel; 10-19-2017 at 06:50 PM. Reason: correct word

Errr...you're gonna hate me now for being pedantic....but a Fire Guard OFFICER was a formal position in its own right...with 3 black rings....two half inch wide at the top above a single one inch ring at the bottom.........'pretty sure......

Quote by Composite View Post
    Errr...you're gonna hate me now for being pedantic....but a Fire Guard OFFICER was a formal position in its own right...with 3 black rings....two half inch wide at the top above a single one inch ring at the bottom.........'pretty sure......
    Ade, it is right that you specify this, and I still thank you for this further teaching!
    To stay on the "fire" topic, I take advantage of your knowledge to ask you for another info: "What is the exact meaning of "F.P." on this MK2 N°C: "(Fire Parties, Fire Protection, Fire Prevention ...??).
    Thank you in advance for your help.

Roberto

I would suggest that this is a Fire Party helmet - whilst some groups of letters were used by more than one set of users ("RC" being perhaps one of the most used) I can't recall coming across anything else for "FP".........someone's now bound to send a whole list of alternatives in now!

Hey guys, what would be the fair price to put my helmet up for?