Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

(British?) Helmet - Is this a good buy?

Article about: I want to start collecting helmets but don't really know where to start. Is this a good first buy? What exactly is it, I'm thinking British... They want \\$50 for it. Any help greatly apprecia

Default (British?) Helmet - Is this a good buy?

I want to start collecting helmets but don't really know where to start. Is this a good first buy? What exactly is it, I'm thinking British...
    They want $50 for it.

(British?) Helmet - Is this a good buy?(British?) Helmet - Is this a good buy?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Default Re: (British?) Helmet - Is this a good buy?

If all is original, then the price is good for a camo, but sadly I think it has been 'pimped'. The strap is late war or may be post war, I would have to look it up to check.

Regards,

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Default Re: (British?) Helmet - Is this a good buy?

It looks to be a British helmet, maybe Canadian, hard to tell from the photos. It has a Mk III chinstrap, which was introduced about 1941, so its mid-late war in style. The pad at the top of the crown looks to be badly damaged, all thats left is that ring around the bolt, it should be a cross-shaped rubber pad. You could get a replacement pad from ebay (they turn up reasonably often) and clean it up, and it might be nice.

I would try to get it for a bit less than 50 bucks if you can.

Rob