Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

British helmet with net

Article about: A few pics of one of my helmets, not sure origin of the net but came with the lid so I left as is, also the helmet seems to have had a white over wash at some point in its life , as in the s

?

Default British helmet with net

A few pics of one of my helmets, not sure origin of the net but came with the lid so I left as is, also the helmet seems to have had a white over wash at some point in its life , as in the scratches and where the rim joins the shell the remains of this wash is visible. Does any one know if the net is American as I sure it's not a Brit one.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British helmet with net   British helmet with net  

British helmet with net   British helmet with net  

British helmet with net  

?

I think it's an Indian made net, doesn't look as if it's original to the nice army helmet.Is there a ghosting to the helmet paint, if so then original to it.

I think tinlid're right, it is a indian made net; look this south africans helmet, used by the Indian Army during the WW2.

Greetings
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British helmet with net   British helmet with net  

?

The netting string is thinner and the holes in the net are bigger than my other Indian nets, but looking at yours I agree with tinlids findings.

Another nice helmet with or without the net. It certainly does look like an Indian made net to me as well. Leon.