Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

British Mark IV Mk4 "Turtle" helmet

Article about: Guys...I've just spent 300 years (nearly) working through screens and screens of 1 & 2 page threads on the Mk4. Most of the MkII stuff now gets added to one highly informative (and BIG)

...just loving the quality of photos here guys......

Police example, MkIV shell with Mk4 liner.

Regards
    Roberto

British Mark IV Mk4 "Turtle" helmetBritish Mark IV Mk4 "Turtle" helmetBritish Mark IV Mk4 "Turtle" helmetBritish Mark IV Mk4 "Turtle" helmetBritish Mark IV Mk4 "Turtle" helmetBritish Mark IV Mk4 "Turtle" helmet

Black painted Police / Civil Protection example, MkIV shell and Mk3 liner.

Regards
    Roberto
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Mark IV Mk4 "Turtle" helmet   British Mark IV Mk4 "Turtle" helmet  

British Mark IV Mk4 "Turtle" helmet   British Mark IV Mk4 "Turtle" helmet  

British Mark IV Mk4 "Turtle" helmet   British Mark IV Mk4 "Turtle" helmet  

Quote by Composite View Post
    .but is there any mileage in trying to get ONE dedicated MkIV thread going, into which any future stuff can be added so we end up with one main info source...one "book" as it were?
    Speaking as someone who has the same issue with many individual and isolated postings about the Hungarian M50 or Portuguese M40, I can only agree with you.

Except that I would be very sympathetic to the 4 and 5 being treated as one, as it is really only the liner that is different, and as we know it was always practice to put in whatever liner was at hand anyway, especially in the early days.

Do you actually intend that we should repost or otherwise move (how do you do that anyway) previously posted material here? Or what? I think I have only ever posted the one anyway - that comparatively unusual 1956 shell - as well as some information on shell stamps for that project Roger Lucy was once engaged with. I could present some or all of my dozen or so Mk4/5 but there's a point where things are simply pointlessly repetitive, surely (kind of gets like that with the Hungarian and Portuguese, don't you know).

I *very* much like the idea of making what is effectively an e-book of closely related postings.

Good point - well made...as always. I wasn't thinking about going all Pol Pot and starting from scratch.....lets just let this one grow from here.....no fuss.....except for when the first person starts a new thread on this topic we publicly humiliate them and ban them for ever!!!!....queue maniacal laugh

...anyway, as usual, there's only about 5 of us who give a toss....but you wait till I post that double champagne...or could it even possibly be a Prosecco decal TR-used Mk4...captured from that....errr....time machine after Weena ran away from the Morlocks......

Great to see All, I've only these and I not know much about them! The black one I believe is a WW2 type? but that's as far as I can go! Could the chinstrap rivet placement be a determining factor of sorts? ADP not sure on that too?

Yep, higher side rivets = MkIII (originally at least...although sometimes the hole in the crown was filled with a LTD "post" creating a MkIV....kinda)

What's "ADP"?

What's "ADP"?[/QUOTE]

No idea?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    What's "ADP"?
    No idea?[/QUOTE]

Aussie Dance Police
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Composite View Post
    ...and here's some Mk5s.....actually Mk4s with newer style liners....with what I THINK the shell stamps are

Attachment 1208009Attachment 1208010 BMB C316 KIV (?) 1953 1980 liner

Attachment 1208011Attachment 1208012 BMB C355 XXIV (?) 1953 - 1978 liner

Attachment 1208013Attachment 1208014 RO ?? CA 4/1952 - 1977 liner

Attachment 1208015Attachment 1208016 no stamps visible NB German style net

Attachment 1208020Attachment 1208021 no stamps visible - 1972 liner

Attachment 1208022Attachment 1208023 RO&CO PT 4/1953

I think I've matched numbers to pictures correctly.........sorry for not doing a Jerry and totally dismantling / photographing....I bow to his professionalism!
    Some real stunners with the camo
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast