Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

british mk 111 help needed

Article about: by aj4010 Nice pic Tinhat. Isn't that "Lofty" Sugden fourth from left? They do look a bit like the army equivalent to s Sunday league football team.

Default british mk 111 help needed

hi guys i was wondering if anybody could shed some light on my turtle helmet mainly the colour and manufacturer there is a letters and numbers stamped on the inside althought the first part is hard to read it looks like RO 8 then the initials EB then 111 over 044 i was wondering where the helmet might of seen service it appears to have some remaining tan/desert colour paint british mk 111 help neededbritish mk 111 help neededbritish mk 111 help neededbritish mk 111 help neededbritish mk 111 help needed

?

Default Re: british mk 111 help needed

RO & CO = Ruberry Owen Company. I haven't seen EB before. The paint is a little odd. You say it is tan? Could it be whitewash faded to yellow?

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

many thanks andy for clarification on the maker brilliant as for the paint the photo probably didnt show properly as i took pic in full sun with flash on but i would describe it as a mustard colour paint thanks again james

?

Quote by col james View Post
    many thanks andy for clarification on the maker brilliant as for the paint the photo probably didnt show properly as i took pic in full sun with flash on but i would describe it as a mustard colour paint thanks again james
    Difficult to say what has gone on with the paint. Options could be many. Faded whitewash for snow cammo/parade/guard duty? A lot of british troops did winter training in Scandinavia post war, and still do. Suez cammo job, but I have never seen one, (if they exist.)

A very nice lid.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

I would say it was used by Israel in the '48 war the sand paint is very similar to others I have seen, it looks to have all the original parts of a '44 manufactured MkIII, is the liner dated. It's had a rough life but has lot of character, I think you have a nice helmet and they are not as common as you would expect.
    Steve.

?

Quote by Tinhat View Post
    I would say it was used by Israel in the '48 war the sand paint is very similar to others I have seen, it looks to have all the original parts of a '44 manufactured MkIII, is the liner dated. It's had a rough life but has lot of character, I think you have a nice helmet and they are not as common as you would expect.
    Steve.
    That could be it! Well done Steve.

Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

The EB is the steel batch number, the III for Mk3. Like a lot of these helmets they saw a lot of service post war with the British army & others.

?

I found a picture of a motley looking crew from Israel's Givati Brigade in '48
    Steve.
    Attached Images Attached Images british mk 111 help needed 

many thanks andy, tinlid and tinhat and in answer to your question about the liner ive had a closer look no maker mark all i can see is 63/4 but as i was looking i noticed the same colour mustard paint on both ends of the liner edge so israel war of 48 you think ,brilliant thanks again jamesbritish mk 111 help neededbritish mk 111 help needed

?

Nice pic Tinhat. Isn't that "Lofty" Sugden fourth from left?

Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast