Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

British MK II Brodie helmet

Article about: Looks dark brown to me, here's 2 Mk3's, the one on the left is dark brown, the one on the right khaki green.

Default British MK II Brodie helmet

Greetings,

I purchased a WWII as to what I believe could be a British MK II Brodie helmet. It has stencil marks near one of the chin strap holders. An 0 to the left of the chinstrap holder and an X to the right of it, right of the X is a date 1942 and straight above the date it seams to be the number 11. On the chinstrap holder itself is a stencil mark which looks like a roman III and below it 1942. I don't see any other stencil markings on this helmet.

The liner is marked on the revers side not on the front were you see this more common. One liner strip is marked with C.C.L - below this in a row 11 - 1941 - 7 1/4 and a 7 1/4 on another piece of the lining strip, also on the revers side. Maybe they just mounted it revers. No other markings that I could see on the liner. The liner is screwed into place.

Is there a way to identify who the maker is of this helmet and liner with the markings available.

The question is as to what I actually have here. Is it a British MK II Brodie or Canadian helmet. I don't know. I have tried to research this helmet but I found nothing to convince me either way. The color is of a very dark green which almost goes into a black mix with sand. I don't no if this is the original WWII paint or not. The chinstrap seams to be original to the helmet.

All together I think I made a good deal with $60.-

British MK II Brodie helmetBritish MK II Brodie helmetBritish MK II Brodie helmetBritish MK II Brodie helmetBritish MK II Brodie helmetBritish MK II Brodie helmetBritish MK II Brodie helmetBritish MK II Brodie helmetBritish MK II Brodie helmetBritish MK II Brodie helmet

From the marked 7 1/4 size, I'm guessing Canadienne?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi there! I believe CCL is a British liner maker.

Christy and co.

So I would assume this is a British mk.II, but I'm not 100% sure.

?

Imo this Mk II is not Canadian and it is a British manufactured helmet as is the liner it would also appear to have the later war Mk III-A Chin strap and hard to tell from the photos but looks to have the Mk III securing nut and bolt for the liner .

Regards Mark K

British for me.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

A British army Mk2, the III on the chin strap lug= Mk3 chin strap lug. The II on the shell= Mk2 shell. The O that you can see might have a C & S inside it, which would be for Clydesdale Stamping Co Ltd, but doubtful. The maker stamp might well be under the chin strap lug.

Thank you to you all. I do believe now that I can add this helmet as a British WWII, thanks to all of your help.

P.S. I did not see a C & S inside the 0. Iy could be covered with paint.

Regards
    Skip
    Last edited by skippyroo1; 09-23-2013 at 03:40 PM.

British MK II Brodie helmetgreetings kozowy, I have posted the nut and bolt for you. Thank you for your comment.

?

Imo the liner securing nut and bolt you have shown is a Mk III with the reduced head size which was introduced in 1942 as a economy measure.
    Which is shown in this image third from the left.

Regards Mark
    Attached Images Attached Images British MK II Brodie helmet 

Thanks Mark, do you think the paint job could still be original WWII, it almost looks like a khaki-green

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast