Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

British Mk II pricing.

Article about: The website is mine, I've had it about 2 years. It gives me another dimention to just collecting British helmets. Aaron

?

Default Re: British Mk II pricing.

The website is mine, I've had it about 2 years. It gives me another dimention to just collecting British helmets.
    Aaron

?

some nice helmets on there rgds Dave

Heres a canadian helmet dated 1942 made by CL/C with a service number written inside I'm looking at for 80 dollars does it look good to you guys? British Mk II pricing.British Mk II pricing. British Mk II pricing.

Ive noticed that MkII helmets are steadily increasing in price,some are ridiculously overpriced,however it is supply and demand.
    80 dollars for a MkII here in Australia is a good buy.Ive read many posts here that state that a Canadian MkII purchased from the States would be worth no more than 40 to 50 Dollars.
    Confusing opinions abound,but i think it boils down to,how much you want it and therefore how much you will pay for it.Unless it is an exceptional example,ie -Unit marked or Camoflage,high prices should not apply.Postage is another issue.
    By the way Aarons (Tinlid) site can be trusted and as a member here he would only price his helmets fairly.
    Cheers Mick

Quote by aussie mick View Post
    Ive noticed that MkII helmets are steadily increasing in price,some are ridiculously overpriced,however it is supply and demand.
    80 dollars for a MkII here in Australia is a good buy.Ive read many posts here that state that a Canadian MkII purchased from the States would be worth no more than 40 to 50 Dollars.
    Confusing opinions abound,but i think it boils down to,how much you want it and therefore how much you will pay for it.Unless it is an exceptional example,ie -Unit marked or Camoflage,high prices should not apply.Postage is another issue.
    By the way Aarons (Tinlid) site can be trusted and as a member here he would only price his helmets fairly.
    Cheers Mick
    I've seen some on ebay for around 50 but I don't have a ebay or paypal I'm also aware of Tinlids website but shipping is a lot from the UK I still might get a civil defense helmet from him in the future. But this is the best helmet I could find that I can just send a check to does the paint on this one look fine to you?

?

I think that's a bit high for what looks like a fairly standard Canadian Mk 2 with a post war repaint. If the net and neck strap were Canadian too and were original, it might be worth it. But if they were added British surplus stock, it's not the same.

I 'accidentally' bought three Canadian Mk2s off Ebay once. Bid on all three expecting to be outbid. But got them all for around $40 a piece. Oops! But that at least proved the price is right. Doubt if prices have shot up since.

Quote by noelh View Post
    I think that's a bit high for what looks like a fairly standard Canadian Mk 2 with a post war repaint. If the net and neck strap were Canadian too and were original, it might be worth it. But if they were added British surplus stock, it's not the same.

I 'accidentally' bought three Canadian Mk2s off Ebay once. Bid on all three expecting to be outbid. But got them all for around $40 a piece. Oops! But that at least proved the price is right. Doubt if prices have shot up since.
    It has a original two tone Canadian net.

I can't find any of these helmets for sale except on ebay and from checking completed listings I only found one that sold for 40 without a net it did have original paint but most of the helmets im seeing with nets are ending in the 120 range.

?

If you look at the stuck thread British & Canadian nets & netted helmets you will see that all of the helmets have a shadow where the net has been for the last 70 years. That's why original helmets with their original nets are quite expensive because they are hard to find. It's easy to stick a wartime net on a helmet but not easy to get that 70 years of wear.
    Plus also if the helmet has been repainted post war that will affect the price somewhat.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Mk II pricing.   British Mk II pricing.  

British Mk II pricing.   British Mk II pricing.  

Quote by tinlid View Post
    If you look at the stuck thread British & Canadian nets & netted helmets you will see that all of the helmets have a shadow where the net has been for the last 70 years. That's why original helmets with their original nets are quite expensive because they are hard to find. It's easy to stick a wartime net on a helmet but not easy to get that 70 years of wear.
    Plus also if the helmet has been repainted post war that will affect the price somewhat.
    I know the net is not original to the helmet but it doesn't bother me is the price still decent its not to easy to find these if you don't have a ebay account. If that helmet on your website had a liner and chinstrap I defiantly would have bought it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast