Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

British MK2

Article about: This arrived today,the guy i got it from was going to strip it and repaint in. Dated 1940 on the liner and shell is marked BMB. Annoyed from this ads?  

?

Default British MK2

This arrived today,the guy i got it from was going to strip it and repaint in. Dated 1940 on the liner and shell is marked BMB.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British MK2   British MK2  

British MK2   British MK2  

British MK2  

Good job you saved it , it has a nice paint finish to it

Looks a good early textured army version, good that you got it before the paint was stripped.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

The outside paint is a lighter more sand coloured than the inside shell, was thinking maybe Italy or Africa campaign. any thoughts? . I have a few of these ranging from 1939-42 and none with this colour paint, and under the lighter paint where it has worn away you can see the same colour as inside the shell.

?

That's how it should be, factory finish army Mk2's textured outside, smooth in. From about 1938-41, then textured inside from 41.
    This paint scheme was used by all services in all theartres.
    Nice helmet.

A nice looking helmet. Thank god you rescued it from the hands of a moron!

?

my reason for think maybe italy africa campaign paint scheme is that , the colour is sand colour and all my others are more greens and browns , here are a few examples. sand colour just seems wrong for europe. i have left in the sand colour as example against the others, the colour is coming out darker in the pics.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British MK2   British MK2  

British MK2   British MK2  

?

examples are dated 1939 1940 1941

?

The shiny one on the left with small nut & bolt in a recess is a post war Belgium made Mk2.
    The other shiny one with a large nut & bolt is a WW2 British home front Mk2.
    The other one with net shadow, could be khaki green textured paint like the other one but not so worn. Or it could be a faded dark brown with took over from khaki green in 41/42.
    Here's two army Mk2's, one khaki green the other dark brown.

?

As you clearly show totally different colour.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast