Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

British MK2 Helmet

Article about: Hi everyone, picked up this helmet today at the Thetford Militaria fair. It has a lightly sand textured finish. Can I assume this is an army issue helmet? Many thanks, Doug

Default British MK2 Helmet

Hi everyone, picked up this helmet today at the Thetford Militaria fair. It has a lightly sand textured finish. Can I assume this is an army issue helmet? Many thanks, Doug
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British MK2 Helmet   British MK2 Helmet  

British MK2 Helmet  

?

You are correct Doug, & nice it is too.

SMP
    ?

..and signs of having had an early "shrimp catcher" woven net applied at some time.

Nice MKII .

Hi Doug, nice one! And, if I'm reading your pics correctly, it bears the same maker, year and steel lot of mine: BMB 1941 L 34. If you don't mind, I'd like to know the maker/year of the liner, and which kind of securing nut is fitted on.

A nice combat MKII helmet Doug, good buy. Leon.

Quote by ziomanno View Post
    Hi Doug, nice one! And, if I'm reading your pics correctly, it bears the same maker, year and steel lot of mine: BMB 1941 L 34. If you don't mind, I'd like to know the maker/year of the liner, and which kind of securing nut is fitted on.
    Thanks for the comments. Here are some further pictures. The liner appears to be 41 dated but very faint.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British MK2 Helmet   British MK2 Helmet  

British MK2 Helmet  

Thanks Doug! The bolt and nut assembly is the same of my specimen, and as is the liner's maker; that's interesting, because it seems that BMB used early nut and "late" bolt for this batch (L 34 lot, 1941 production). Of course, it could be also a later upgrade (bolt), but i find it less probable, also because in both helmets the bolts seem to have been there by the beginning.

Hello everyone,
    I share with you this my helmet; I think very similar to those posted by Dough.

Greetings
    Roberto

British MK2 HelmetBritish MK2 HelmetBritish MK2 HelmetBritish MK2 HelmetBritish MK2 Helmet