Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

British Mk2 No.2C

Article about: Morning to all, among my first post on this Forum I showed this Mk2 No.2C, that has always intrigued me very much for its special paint scheme. Then the pictures were very bad and honestly y

Default British Mk2 No.2C

Morning to all,
    among my first post on this Forum I showed this Mk2 No.2C, that has always intrigued me very much for its special paint scheme.
    Then the pictures were very bad and honestly you could see little, I try again today with the best pictures and the question is:you have any ideas to use of this type of camouflage?
    The application of camouflage happened in that time because the paint is very old, also remains under the "black marks" left by oilskin of helmet superimposed during storage.
    Traits vivid painting remind me of the camouflage used by German soldiers on their M1916 helmets during the WW1, for this and also because it is a No.2C model, I always thought it could have been used by a Home Guard Member that he had been able to appreciate the effectiveness of such camouflage during the WW1, of course, is just an idea that I can not prove.
    I hope it is interesting for you and all your comments will be welcome.

Greetings
    Roberto

British Mk2 No.2CBritish Mk2 No.2CBritish Mk2 No.2CBritish Mk2 No.2CBritish Mk2 No.2CBritish Mk2 No.2CBritish Mk2 No.2CBritish Mk2 No.2CBritish Mk2 No.2CBritish Mk2 No.2CBritish Mk2 No.2CBritish Mk2 No.2C

?

That's an interesting paint scheme, the only thing near to it would be black/white paint scheme like that. I believe they were used on the docks.

A lovely lid and one of the heavy stamped BMB's, I have one. I doubt its camo and as a home front lid it probably signifies some role within a group that needs to stand out, such as a foreman or other position. Aarons suggestion of dockyard related might be correct but anywhere that a large group are wearing helmets in which it might be useful to spot a particular person might apply to this, in the same as medics wear red crosses or senior officers in the police of fire brigade wear rank distinctions on their lids etc....
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks Aaron and Jerry,
    I had thought of a camo kind and probably I was wrong, your thoughts have opened my mind to new hypotheses; I think that the track you have suggested is correct and we are not far from the solution.

Cheers
    Roberto

It certainly is a strange one......it's a Civil lid...but the colours, apart from the red, are very military-esque. I have a black and white quartered one used by the FAP and I'm not aware of other "official" quartered patterns...but the paint LOOKS old which is always a good start. A nice little project for you......