Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

British Mk4

Article about: The Mk4 was I think produced between late 44/ early 45 until Jan'46, so these WW2 dated Mk4's are quite hard to find as they were only made for about a year. This one has it's original dark

?

Default British Mk4

The Mk4 was I think produced between late 44/ early 45 until Jan'46, so these WW2 dated Mk4's are quite hard to find as they were only made for about a year. This one has it's original dark brown gritty paint & has not been repainted as they were so often done. The shell was made by BMB & dated 1945, the liner is also dated 45 but made by FFL.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Mk4   British Mk4  

British Mk4   British Mk4  

British Mk4   British Mk4  

?

Default Re: British Mk4

Very nice, untouched helmet!
    Is the LTD stainless steel?
    Piotrek

hi tinlid nice lid and great info i never realised the mk4 started production late in the war so ive learned something new can i ask what the b 49 stamp is in your pic thanks james

?

The LTD stud is made of brass, took loads of pics of the stamp on the shell but it was so awkward to take hence the not to clear pic. But it's BMB 1945, then the steel batch No. E 49.
    Pretty sure just like the MkII HSRAC that these helmets never actually got to the front line before the war ended.
    Aaron

?

So what's the difference between the MKIII and the MKIV? I thought I had a MKIV from 53', Unless it's a MK-V with a MK-IV liner o.O But doesn't that make it a MK-IV?

Nitram

most mk4's shells were reused up untill the 80's being given the mk5 liner i have an early 50's turtle with a 1972 dated liner

?

The MkIII has the higher chin strap lugs & a nut & bolt for fixing the liner in. The MkIV has lower chin strap lugs so the helmet while carrying water was more stable & a rivet for fixing the liner which also made the helmet shell water tight.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Mk4   British Mk4  

British Mk4  

Thanks for great info on mk4 helmets Aron!

here's my korean war period shell fitted with 1972 dated liner the cover is a brit 68 pattern dpm jacket hoodBritish Mk4British Mk4British Mk4

What is the DPM cover made from James?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.