Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

British MK4 "Turtle"

Article about: Ok .. a couple of questions on about the MK4 "Lift dot" wartime issue British "Turtle" Helmet. 1) Was there any run in the early production where the stainless steel rim

?

Default British MK4 "Turtle"

Ok .. a couple of questions on about the MK4 "Lift dot" wartime issue British "Turtle" Helmet.

1) Was there any run in the early production where the stainless steel rim was not fitted to the Mk4 "Turtle". ?

2) Was the MkII steel helmet chin strap ever used on the early MK3's and Mk4's ... or were they the straight elasticated Mk3/Mk4 type.

Gary J.

Default Re: British MK4 "Turtle"

hi Gary,
    The Mk4 helmet was never issued with out the rim, there are no raw edge Mk4,s, i think the early models had the mk1 strap ie, spring strap the same as the brodie helmet, But in the seventies the mk4 had the straight elasicated strap, ( not much use really)
    hope this helps you. They were a horrible helmet.
    dave.

?

I'm sure the Lift the Dot was a post war 1950's change, the wartime liner was held in place by a Simmons nut, which was the for runner of what we would now call a "Nyloc"

Nige.
    "Now, I've designed this like a collapsing bag ! "

Quote by Nige H View Post
    I'm sure the Lift the Dot was a post war 1950's change, the wartime liner was held in place by a Simmons nut, which was the for runner of what we would now call a "Nyloc"

Nige.
    Yeah, I thought lift the dot was issued in the '50's. Wartime one's were screwed on. Cheers, Richard.