Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

British MKII 1938 with Helmetcover

Article about: Hello I want show you my new MKII Helmet . Liner ist stamped with 1938 , manufacturer of the helmet hard to see . I think nice B.E.F. period Helmet . You know this cover ? issued by military

Smile British MKII 1938 with Helmetcover

Hello

I want show you my new MKII Helmet .
    Liner ist stamped with 1938 , manufacturer of the helmet hard to see .
    I think nice B.E.F. period Helmet .

You know this cover ? issued by military or self-made of soldier ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British MKII 1938 with Helmetcover   British MKII 1938 with Helmetcover  

British MKII 1938 with Helmetcover   British MKII 1938 with Helmetcover  

?

Default Re: British MKII 1938 with Helmetcover

Is this the one on ebay lately which went for £117? My impression is that it was a naval version. Yes I did bid on it. It seems to me that British helmets are getting more pricy. A frustration for me because I want a decent early war Khaki version.

Yes this is the Helmet , i know the price was not cheap I do not collect britisch helmets , I wanted to have one nice Prewar khaki helmet for my B.E.F. Soldier display .
    I have the feeling "bad" helmets are still cheap but the good rise in the price . Why do you think it was a naval version ?

regards Michael

?

I think it might be naval from my own research. I'm pretty sure I saw a pic somewhere of something similar on the Murmansk convoys. I did like the helmet. I cannot be specific but it seemed like something I'd seen featured somewhere relating to the RN. Which in truth makes it worth the money. I too am looking for something related to the BEF. But I do think much a lot of early British stuff is unregarded. It fits alongside early German helmets. This was a pivotal time in the war and when you relate it to the time period. When you think about it. How man BEF troops came home from Dunkirk with their early war helmets? Quite a lot actually. Something made in 1942 is less interesting.

I look for things the B.E.F. because the british soldiers fight several months 3 miles away from my home (German French border) .
    I always go to battlefields and this is very interesting for my :-)

?

Its not only the helmets that are going up in price guys, WWII British stuff in general is steadily climbing in price, not to the extent that 3rd Reich stuff is, but it is, especially the early war stuff, whether its webbing, BD, or head-dress.
    Some stuff is also getting hard to find as well, early helmets in good condition, early 37ptn webbing, also early 44ptn webbing.
    What is also becoming more common, are copies/fakes/repros of "special forces" kit, whether it is airborne, marines etc.

Regards etc
    Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

?

Hi,
    Nice early war MkII, probably 39 dated. As for the cover pretty sure that is a civilian carrying bag, have a look around it to see if there are 2 places where straps might have been stitched in. On my one the inside part is completely covered but I have had some that are the same style as yours but with 2 straps.
    Aaron
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British MKII 1938 with Helmetcover   British MKII 1938 with Helmetcover  

Thank you for the pictures , bud I can not find Fixing for the straps and is open at bottom not closed like you cover .

On ebay I found helmet with same cover on ebay auction .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British MKII 1938 with Helmetcover  
    Last edited by nachlader; 12-05-2010 at 08:04 PM.

?

Hi,
    Yeah I saw that one, went for just over £100. As you can see the cover is on a home front helmet, & would have had straps like mine so it could be carried over the shoulder.
    Aaron