MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

BRITISH MKII (early gloss & net)

Article about: Hi gents, just thought I would post up this good 1939 dated British MKII with 90/95% of it's early smooth tan finish intact. It has a mid-war net on which may explain why the finish is for o

Default BRITISH MKII (early gloss & net)

Hi gents, just thought I would post up this good 1939 dated British MKII with 90/95% of it's early smooth tan finish intact. It has a mid-war net on which may explain why the finish is for once in decent order with no stacking marks! Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BRITISH MKII (early gloss & net)   BRITISH MKII (early gloss & net)  

BRITISH MKII (early gloss & net)   BRITISH MKII (early gloss & net)  

BRITISH MKII (early gloss & net)  

?

A nice looking early lid Leon I really like the net the wear is superb and lends credence to the fact it has been on there for eons.

Regards Mark

Very nice Leon

Matt

Thanks chaps, it is a simple but hard to come by lid in my honest opinion. Tough to get a nice "Tommie" that's not been "stacked" or played with. Leon.

Nice clean example.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Is there an imprint of the net on the paint? Which would tell you if it's been on there a long time or not.

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Is there an imprint of the net on the paint? Which would tell you if it's been on there a long time or not.
    Hi Aaron, there's no imprint into the helmets surface unfortunately, just "cleaner" areas where the string has rubbed. Your guess is a good as mine as to how long the net has been on it! Leon.