Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

British Motor Cyclist's helmets of WWII

Article about: Hi Guys, this is the second pattern helmet introduced for wear by "Don R's" or Motorcycle despatch riders. The first pattern helmet was not steel but was like civvy bike helmets of

Hi Ade, no, looks post war, but I have not removed it to find a date.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

'Just gets better! It should sell well.......

Thank you.

?

thanks for posting Ade, sure looks nice

?

Looks real nice!

?

Thought I would revive this thread seeing as I just purchased my first British DR helmet. It's a 1945 dated BMB helmet, and from what the seller states, appears to be unissued. I'll be able to better determine its condition once I have it in hand. The photos are those taken by the seller. I will post additional photos once I have received the helmet. This is going to be a fine addition to my small but growing collection of Commonwealth military headgear.

British Motor Cyclist's helmets  of WWII British Motor Cyclist's helmets  of WWII British Motor Cyclist's helmets  of WWII
    British Motor Cyclist's helmets  of WWII British Motor Cyclist's helmets  of WWII

When I first saw the title of this thread, I got a little excited. but sadly it was
    about ww2 helmets.

But seriously---
    Very interesting thread and great examples of wartime helmets
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Motor Cyclist's helmets  of WWII   British Motor Cyclist's helmets  of WWII  

gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Quick question for the group. Dispatch helmets used by the RAF, or RCAF for that matter, would they have been painted in the typical blue/grey color?

the fact is I dont know BUT I don't think I've seen a "military" (navy, RAF, Army) one that wasn't green/khaki....I've seen a lot with paint jobs (badges, lettering, bands etc)......but they're not my area of focus...someone will know.....

?

My new HSDR helmet arrived in today's mail and I could not be happier with it. What o you think?British Motor Cyclist's helmets  of WWIIBritish Motor Cyclist's helmets  of WWIIBritish Motor Cyclist's helmets  of WWIIBritish Motor Cyclist's helmets  of WWIIBritish Motor Cyclist's helmets  of WWIIBritish Motor Cyclist's helmets  of WWII

Placing in my Aust contemporary

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast