Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

British Motorcycle Helmet

Article about: Sabre sales in Southsea had loads of these unissued for sale at a fiver each a few years back ,all mint and almost all size 7 so not only have you got a nice early example but also a desirab

Default British Motorcycle Helmet

I have this British Motorcycle Helmet and i was wondering if it was legit or not, im not too fussed if its not as it makes a nice display piece with my 1944 James ML parachute bike, but i would like to know either way.

Thanks for looking.

British Motorcycle HelmetBritish Motorcycle HelmetBritish Motorcycle HelmetBritish Motorcycle HelmetBritish Motorcycle Helmet

Default Re: British Motorcycle Helmet

Looks like its in a bit too good condition to be period,but as you say its a very nice display piece.
    Some of the other fellas here will tell you if its a refurb or a modern copy.
    Cheers Mick

Yeah that is my thoughts too Mick, Thanks

?

I think it is the absolute real deal. 1942 was the first year of issue for this type too, I believe. This is one I have. Quite a few of these unissued ones about.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Motorcycle Helmet   British Motorcycle Helmet  

British Motorcycle Helmet   British Motorcycle Helmet  

Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Thanks for the info Andy, would be great if it was real, my dad got it for me when i got my bike and was told it was an unissued helmet, but i always thought it looked too good.

P.S Those goggles look sweet, would love some of those.

?

Quote by Scooter77 View Post
    Thanks for the info Andy, would be great if it was real, my dad got it for me when i got my bike and was told it was an unissued helmet, but i always thought it looked too good.

P.S Those goggles look sweet, would love some of those.
    Oh, you have the real deal alright. What your father was told was absolutely correct.
    Have a look here:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/helme...elmets-149920/

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Thanks for the link Andy, very interesting thread.

?

A nice HSDR, mint & unissued. 1942 was the first year of production of the steel HSDR's.

Very nice and you see a lot of these in mint condition, though mostly they are the late war dated examples.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Its authentic, I have one in the same condition 45 dated. As Jerry says, quiet a a lot of these helmets survive in mint condition. I was told that a large stock of un-issued examples was discovered in the 1980s.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast