Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

British Motorcycle Helmet

Article about: Sabre sales in Southsea had loads of these unissued for sale at a fiver each a few years back ,all mint and almost all size 7 so not only have you got a nice early example but also a desirab

Default Re: British Motorcycle Helmet

Sabre sales in Southsea had loads of these unissued for sale at a fiver each a few years back ,all mint and almost all size 7 so not only have you got a nice early example but also a desirable bigger size

?

Yep, quite a few about, though oddly I picked mine up in the USA. I suspect it migrated south, from Canada!

Best Regards,

Andy.
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

A fiver each! I assume that was more than a few years back!

?

I think I paid £20-£25 for one of those mint ones from sabre sales & that was back in the early 90's.

Yes, I paid £25 for mine in 1994-5.

?

I think it might have been this one, or one very similar.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Motorcycle Helmet   British Motorcycle Helmet  

British Motorcycle Helmet   British Motorcycle Helmet  

British Motorcycle Helmet   British Motorcycle Helmet  

I saw one for sale about 16 months back for £38 but rather stupidly did not buy it as I was not looking for one at that time.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks for the info guys, its great to know it is real, i might be a bit more careful with it now.

I thought i would add a couple more pics for you guys to see, the first ones are my 1944 James ML Parachute bike, sorry about the pics it is in a local museum at the moment and i couldnt get a good shot of it, the second lot is my Dispatch riders jacket.

British Motorcycle HelmetBritish Motorcycle HelmetBritish Motorcycle HelmetBritish Motorcycle HelmetBritish Motorcycle Helmet

?

All you need now is the trousers,boots & goggles & away you go. Nice DR items

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2