MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

British Para shape lid with green webbing and chinstrap

Article about: This is another of the recent purchases. Got this one for only slightly more than the other WW2 brit para lid I have posted. At the time of purchase I bought it as a WW2 brit para lid, witho

Default British Para shape lid with green webbing and chinstrap

This is another of the recent purchases. Got this one for only slightly more than the other WW2 brit para lid I have posted. At the time of purchase I bought it as a WW2 brit para lid, without doing research first. Anyways I have since found its not WW2 vintage but if anyone else has more info I would be grateful. I believe its Dutch or Belgian Post WW2.

As some might know I run a little militaria online store in OZ (link is in my signature). This one will be listed on my store in the coming weeks. British Para shape lid with green webbing and chinstrapBritish Para shape lid with green webbing and chinstrapBritish Para shape lid with green webbing and chinstrap

?

Default Re: British Para shape lid with green webbing and chinstrap

Yeah the yellow rubber gives it away as being Dutch or Belgium, are there any stamps on the leather liner? All MkII's are either dated 43/44 & made by BMB. You could take the straps off this one & put it on your converted MkI.
    Aaron

No stamps on the liner at all on this one. Have thought about changing the straps over between the 2 but I think these are to green in colour.

?

If the straps are'nt the normal khaki colour then maybe there not British ones.
    Aaron

It is most likely a Belgian helmet. These were used till the seventies, as far as I know. The Belgians used webbing straps with a distinct olive drab colour, not khaki.

It is not Dutch. The Dutch para's were active in the then Netherlands Indies, in the late forties, and used British/Indian surplus AT MkII's and DR helmets. These helmets were not produced or refurbished in the Dutch army, not overseas, nor in Holland itself.

Nice lid though!

Emile