Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

British Paratrooper Helmet?

Article about: The paint looks original khaki green paint as used up until 1943/44. But I know what you mean about the yellow rubber, the Dutch I think used yellow rubber post war. The yellow rubber on the

?

Default Re: British Paratrooper Helmet?

The paint looks original khaki green paint as used up until 1943/44. But I know what you mean about the yellow rubber, the Dutch I think used yellow rubber post war. The yellow rubber on the above helmet does look ok.
    Here's a contrast between the yellow rubber & black.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Paratrooper Helmet?   British Paratrooper Helmet?  

?

I don't think it is Israeli, they used the standard British manufactured MkII para helmet. Some had liners that were not made by BMB, but I don't know for sure if these were made as repalcements in Israel or fitted when purschased (from France I beileive when they decided not to use British kit).

My 1943 MkII para is Israeli used but is in it's original configuration, below is a picture of the non-BMB liner and Israeli chinstrap, all be it fitted into an M1 helmet, it serves as an example.

The main noticeable difference is no stamps or marks.
    The chinstarp does not have the hollow rivet in the ends.

Another common difference is an oval or cross pad from a MkII Brodie fitted in the crown with an aluminium rivet.
    Steve.

?

Wow thanks for showing that weird one, never seen one like that before. The Danes also used the cruciform pad in the top of there converted P type shells.
    Aaron

Hi All,

Does this MkII para helmet with 3 holes look ok for £70? It's dented. Is it worth restoring? What do you think the approximate age is?

Cheers,

Tom.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Paratrooper Helmet?   British Paratrooper Helmet?  

Quote by th467lib View Post
    Hi All,

Does this MkII para helmet with 3 holes look ok for £70? It's dented. Is it worth restoring? What do you think the approximate age is?

Cheers,

Tom.
    I asked the seller if they could tell me what the stamped markings said, but they could not find any
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

OK ta.

Quote by Shadwellarmy View Post
    Hi Mates,

I'm looking into buying this helmet, however Im a bit unsure if its 100% original. The liner itself looks ok with the BMB stamp and dated 1943, but the yellow rubber parts doesnt look right to me.

In this thread: British paratrooper helmet some of you guys suggest that the dutch or israelis used yellow rubber parts, but does anyone know if this is an original original wwII liner?

Attachment 393723Attachment 393718Attachment 393720Attachment 393721Attachment 393722

Cheers!
    Mads
    I would have said in todays market that 200 euro's was a very good price for this. Agreed that restoring the original chinstrap would be pricey and it will always have the third hole in the back, but still a good deal IMO.

I wonder what the going rate is for a 43 dated liner, 1950's liners are fetching £50, plus it has the chinstrap lugs which I want a set of if anyone has any kicking around.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2