Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

British Paratrooper helmet - Help authenticating

Article about: Gents, I was wondering if you could help me out with a helmet claiming to be a WW2 era Allied paratrooper helmet. Looks like the chinstrap is a later webbing pattern and Marked ROVER '44. I'

Default British Paratrooper helmet - Help authenticating

Gents,

I was wondering if you could help me out with a helmet claiming to be a WW2 era Allied paratrooper helmet. Looks like the chinstrap is a later webbing pattern and Marked ROVER '44.

I've asked for more pics with the netting off. I'll post those once received. If it is Canadian I would be really happy

Thanks a lot!

Tyler

British Paratrooper helmet - Help authenticatingBritish Paratrooper helmet - Help authenticatingBritish Paratrooper helmet - Help authenticatingBritish Paratrooper helmet - Help authenticatingBritish Paratrooper helmet - Help authenticatingBritish Paratrooper helmet - Help authenticatingBritish Paratrooper helmet - Help authenticating

?

Looking at the smooth paint inside & out, I'd say it was a post war one.
    A picture which is missing, which should be there, is of the date/maker name, I'd know for sure.

Apparently the markings on the leather headband is not readable because of use. Are there any other stamps on the liner or helmet that can provide information as to the production year?

It is still a nice helmet IMO. I don't want to pay WW2 pricing if its not though.

Thanks

?

Without the date/maker stamp, which in most cases is readable, you have to assume it's an post war helmet.
    & with the smooth paint I'm 95% sure it is an post war helmet.

Great! Thank you for that information.