Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

British ? Steel helmet

Article about: This is my english helmet...I think English but I'm not sure , i knew that the British helmets were painted in dark brown, this tends to the olive brown....

?

Default British ? Steel helmet

This is my english helmet...I think English but I'm not sure , i knew that the British helmets were painted in dark brown, this tends to the olive brown....

British ? Steel helmet
    British ? Steel helmet
    British ? Steel helmet
    British ? Steel helmet

Default Re: British ? Steel helmet

welcome to the forum fabry,thanks for showing your superb example ,all i i would say is the liner string has been replaced at some point it looks a little modern ,all the best james

?

Thanks for the reply James , if i do not have mistranslated the interior was replaced with a modern one?
    And anyway it's helmet English, Canadian, Australian or .....

hello fabry ,a british mk11 but also used by commonwealth forces,im sorry to confuse you ,liner is fine ,i just think the liner string /shoelace has been fitted post ww2 that is all ,thanks for showing ,james

?

OK James you explained very well thank you very much.

?

The first British helmets of WW2 were painted textured khaki green which looks like the inside is, the outside might have been repainted or is just worn, hard to tell. The chin strap is a home front one & looks in mint condition. The helmet will be dated 1939 on wards.

Quote by tinlid View Post
    The first British helmets of WW2 were painted textured khaki green which looks like the inside is, the outside might have been repainted or is just worn, hard to tell. The chin strap is a home front one & looks in mint condition. The helmet will be dated 1939 on wards.
    always great to hear your thoughts tinlid

?

Thanks tinlid

The liner is a "TTC" which would be "Teddy Toy Company Ltd." from Dagenham, UK.

I cant really read the stamp in the shell. Fabry, if you try to make the stamp a little wet maybe you will be able to see the letters.

Cheers, Mads

Edit: One of the letters looks like an "O" so it must be produced in Britain, as none of the Commonwealth manufacturers have an "O" in their stamp.