Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

British WW2 Fibre Rim Para Helmet

Article about: A few snaps of my BMB 1942 Fibre rim para helmet. (By the way ... it's not for sale !) Gary J.

SMP
    ?

Default Re: British WW2 Fibre Rim Para Helmet

Quote by Polski44 View Post
    Steve, ..
    Yes Canada !!! .. and I think you know where from !!! (But no where near the price it was advertised for )

.. Also ... Nice lid !!! ..
    Was it the one that got pulled early off ebay from Norway/Sweden ?

Regards

Gary J.
    No, this one came from a guy we both know. He was very sad to let it go. I never saw the e-bay one. Was it good ?
    I was watching yours, hoping I could save up enough before it sold. I was too late ! I think you got a great deal. I agree with you - it has just the right amount of wear . I love it.

Regards,
    Steve

?

PM sent

Gary

Quote by SMP View Post
    No, this one came from a guy we both know. He was very sad to let it go. I never saw the e-bay one. Was it good ?
    I was watching yours, hoping I could save up enough before it sold. I was too late ! I think you got a great deal. I agree with you - it has just the right amount of wear . I love it.

Regards,
    Steve

TommyTarget
    ?

Default Help

Hello all..Brilliant forum...Finally got off fence and joined ...Need help with my helmet ...Was given this as very kind gentleman whose late brother i had assisted on another day whilst he was in distress...hope pics reduce in size...
    Attached Images Attached Images British WW2 Fibre Rim Para Helmet 
    Last edited by TommyTarget; 07-03-2010 at 07:45 PM. Reason: picture problems

TommyTarget
    ?

Default other pics

my error it is marked as BMB 1943?...Its tagged to a Sgt Flynn stick 6 no 3...presume its a para helmet so

Any ideas how to restore this as paint is very bad and tatty ...Thanks in advance
    Attached Images Attached Images British WW2 Fibre Rim Para Helmet  British WW2 Fibre Rim Para Helmet 

?

Hi TT,
    A MkII, helmet steel airbourne troops ( HSAT ) they made this type in 43-44. The 43 dated ones are quite hard to find & go for good money. The paint scheme is post war by the looks, they used these helmets right through the 50's up to the 70's 80's.
    To remove the paint you would have to use some sort of paint stripper, this could also remove the original paint underneath if there was any left before they painted it this colour. Maybe leave as is, your choice.
    Aaron
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British WW2 Fibre Rim Para Helmet   British WW2 Fibre Rim Para Helmet  

British WW2 Fibre Rim Para Helmet  

TommyTarget
    ?

Thanks for your reply...there was a lot of para stuff along with this ..I got this as a present from an ex Royal navy man here in Dublin..as a thank you ..i didnt take anything else ...But builders in doing renovations in the house did I am sure for sale as opposed to collection...Anyway....Yeah i think i will leave well enough alone as regarding paint on same..Thanks again

?

Hey guys..ive found what appears to be a 42 dated bmb para helmet..it has what im led to believe is a later war canvas chin strap,the cushion on the inside of the shell has shed its skin and just has the foam left behind..the paint is quite average and different shades outside to inside,unfortunately i didnt have my phone so couldnt take any pictures but can go back tomorrow..at a guess what would a fair price be?

?

Sounds like a post war Australian conversion.

?

Hi tinlid,ive found the helmet in nz..it has the leather liner ring with bmb 1942 stamped into it..the chinstrap looks the same/very similiar to the later war ones..ill get some pics of it today...

?

A very nice Mk I HSAT indeed Gary with a lovely used patina about the the harness on your example is an outstanding example as stated a coveted and highly sought after British WW II helmet.
    I as well have been on the search for an example to add to my collection that ticks all the right boxes for me and would prefer an example that shows definate genuine period wear .
    I as well feel I have waited to long and prices indeed now are bordering on ludicrous and are steadily on the rise thanks for showing.

Regards Mark

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2