MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

British ww2 helmets?

Article about: Hello a lady showed me those 2 british helmets...she said she wants 40 Euros for each one so i was thinking of buying 1 ....what do you think and which one you think is better?(is it a good

Exclamation British ww2 helmets?

Hello a lady showed me those 2 british helmets...she said she wants 40 Euros for each one so i was thinking of buying 1 ....what do you think and which one you think is better?(is it a good deal though?)
    there is one with the net which im very suspicious i dont think the net is ww2 but maybe it is you know better and one without a net which have different liner though
    British ww2 helmets?British ww2 helmets?British ww2 helmets?British ww2 helmets?British ww2 helmets?

Default Re: British ww2 helmets?

im more interested in the first with the net

nice salty helmets - I would offer 60 for both :-)

ian
    ?

i think the first one may be Greek issue
    brown liner and leather chin strap ??

cheers ian

i prefer the first one with the net if the net is ww2 then i will buy it ...she had 4 helmets i just picked the one with the net (the only one) and the second one was a random pick just for a quick photo...so is 30 eu a good buy for the one with the net? (also second one had those sustain holes which id if the helmet is strong or not and had 3 of them....im not sure about that hole thing i just saw it in another post (sorry for my bad English :P )

- - Updated - -

hmm idk maybe ill w8 for other opinions too before ill buy em

?

Brown liners usually scream Belgian to me.

...we'll see

?

The first one is probably a British WW2 shell but with a Greek liner & probably a Greek net.It more than likely has been repainted during it's service with the Greeks so is basically more Greek than British. The second one is South African with again probably a British liner, which I think was done post war. So neither are what you call 100% British WW2 helmets, so the price for both will not be that great.

ok thanks i think i will stay away from them

It's a funny thing but I've noticed on several South African helmets (my own included) that the springs inside one of the chinstraps have become over-stretched and/or exposed as is the one above. Maybe just co-incidence.

I'd like to repair mine by replacing the springs but feel bad about chopping up a decent chinstrap. If anyone out there has a battered chinstrap with two decent springs inside please let me know.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast