Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

British Zuckerman

Article about: Hi Fellow Collectors here is a Zuckerman from my collection I thought you might like to see. It was in a complete relic state originally, after removing as much as the rust as I could I disc

?

Default British Zuckerman

Hi Fellow Collectors here is a Zuckerman from my collection I thought you might like to see. It was in a complete relic state originally, after removing as much as the rust as I could I discovered the large L and the script of Reg on the rear of the shell. As a result I have "tried" to restore this helmet after repainting it. I know some collectors have huge issues with re-painting shells, but I have attempted to restore it to the best of my abilities,I would value your opinions ,Opex.

British  Zuckerman
    British  Zuckerman
    British  Zuckerman
    British  Zuckerman

?

Hi Opex, Made by Pressed Steel Co, any dates/maker name on the liner? I take it the chin strap was on there when you got it, I always find it interesting the amount of different types you can see on the civilian protective helmet as they did not come with any.

?

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Hi Opex, Made by Pressed Steel Co, any dates/maker name on the liner? I take it the chin strap was on there when you got it, I always find it interesting the amount of different types you can see on the civilian protective helmet as they did not come with any.

Hi tinlid, thanks for looking and for the information, there is a very feint makers mark on the liner ,which I will check out again. As you can see from the picture the liner is practically falling apart ( and held together with duct tape) the chinstraps came with the shell and again are very fragile as the leather is brittle.

Any ideas what the L relates too, I assume Reg is the original owners name?

?

Here's another Zuckerman from my collection, this one is in better condition overall.

British  Zuckerman
    British  Zuckerman

The L could be related to a wedding as that is the sort of thing you see for learner husbands, though that is probably not be the case here.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Not only were these helmets used by the SFP & FG's they were private purchase also. So the L could be for anything.
    Here a few more.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British  Zuckerman   British  Zuckerman  

British  Zuckerman   British  Zuckerman  

British  Zuckerman   British  Zuckerman  

Attached Images Attached Images British  Zuckerman 

I'm not a fan of restorations in general but saying that you've made a damn fine job of it!...

?

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    The L could be related to a wedding as that is the sort of thing you see for learner husbands, though that is probably not be the case here.

LOL , it was certainly the case of being a Learner when I got wed the first time around, I could have done with this helmet at that time!!!!

?

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Not only were these helmets used by the SFP & FG's they were private purchase also. So the L could be for anything.
    Here a few more.

Many thanks for showing your excellent examples tinlid, I guess the L could mean anything

?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    I'm not a fan of restorations in general but saying that you've made a damn fine job of it!...

Hi Gunny, thanks for looking, and do relate I generally like militaria in an untouched condition,but the L marked Zuckerman was in a really bad condition,hence the err "makeover". I forgot to mention it was created so it could be displayed for one of my nephews school projects, as at the time his class were studying towards a project on our city during WW2!

His teacher was very impressed as he went to school with all my WW2 helmets , German ,Brit, US etc, I did have the odd nightmare or two though where I envisaged a classroom of kids running around with tinlids on their heads...NOOOOOOO... but he got a house point or two and I developed more grey hairs !!!!