Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Brodie MKI semi relic named

Article about: A buy it know from ebay in the US, price was very good even with the P&P and the import charges. MKI Brodie with the name A O Hendrikson on the chinstrap which is good to see that its na

Default Brodie MKI semi relic named

A buy it know from ebay in the US, price was very good even with the P&P and the import charges.

MKI Brodie with the name A O Hendrikson on the chinstrap which is good to see that its named and ven that the chinstrap is still there, if somewhat damaged. The dome pad with donut is still in place but the rest of the liner is missing, as is part of the rim edge trim.

It appears to be marked D for James Dixon (though O is possible for Samuel Osborne & Co?) which makes it perhaps an early MKI as they made shells in 1915?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Brodie MKI semi relic named   Brodie MKI semi relic named  

Brodie MKI semi relic named   Brodie MKI semi relic named  

Brodie MKI semi relic named  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Your getting a liking for the Mk1 /Mk1*.
    Even better when you can get it for a reasonable price.

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Your getting a liking for the Mk1 /Mk1*.
    Even better when you can get it for a reasonable price.
    Thats the thing thought isn't it, MKI's are usually pricey, and this is the third I have had, though I sold one so only have two now and the two MKI*'s and about 10 MKII's, one MKIII and one RAC MKII.

I collect to both wars so getting another MKI for a good price was great.
    Regards,

Jerry

Nice buy Jerry, great to have a named example as well. Leon.

Thanks Leon.

I wonder if it is possible to research him.

It is A O Hendricks, I had missed out the C.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Jerry,

Always nice to pick up a MKI and especially good if cheaper than average. I no longer look at US ebay, the postage costs have put me off.

The rubber ring under the felt pad should date it to post May 1917 but that’s from memory so I’m happy to be corrected.

Coming from the US there’s a good chance A O Hendrickson was a member of the AEF. The draft cards show the records of two men, Alfred O Hendrickson https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:29JS-Z5K and Albert O Hendrickson https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:K8Q5-976

There were only 12 men on the Brit MIC records named Hendrickson, none of them with the initials A O.

Tony

Many thanks Tony.

Yes, indeed the rubber ring is from 1917, though the shell might be earlier.

Interesting that both the men were from Wisconsin, the helmet came from Illinois which is next to Wisconsin to the North.
    Regards,

Jerry