Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Camo tommy lid

Article about: hey guys I thought I may just share a pic or two of my one and only painted camo lid the shell is marked JSS and dated 1940 the liner is 1941.... hope you like it... (I do :P)... I will try

Default Camo tommy lid

hey guys I thought I may just share a pic or two of my one and only painted camo lid the shell is marked JSS and dated 1940 the liner is 1941.... hope you like it... (I do :P)... I will try to get pics of the liner later on and post them up
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Camo tommy lid   Camo tommy lid  

Camo tommy lid   Camo tommy lid  

Default Re: Camo tommy lid

I like it very much. Interesting pattern. Desert?

That is a nice helmet jss John sankey and sons,Bilston the cammo pattern you have there is great and i have heard people refer to this as Malta cammo pattern.I would think that it was definately a Medeteranian area used Helmet.

Quote by airwarrior View Post
    That is a nice helmet jss John sankey and sons,Bilston the cammo pattern you have there is great and i have heard people refer to this as Malta cammo pattern.I would think that it was definately a Medeteranian area used Helmet.
    thanks guys, yes I have also heard of this type being referred to as the 'Malta' camo ...... I have only seen one other painted in the same way and it was blue tho...... so I am a little confused about it :P

OKW
    ?

There must be something under the rectangle on the front, unit badge or designation of helmets use.

Quote by OKW View Post
    There must be something under the rectangle on the front, unit badge or designation of helmets use.
    you are most likely right ... I thought the same thing but it has all been scratched off as the pic shows : (

?

Nice Helmet !
    Best left "As is" .. concerning a possible flash on the front !

Gary J.

Hi Gary, Absolutely right !!! I have no intention of ever trying to "fill the gap" I like the lid exactly the way it is

nighthitcher
    ?

sounds good to me

This helmet looks indeed like a Malta camo.

This pattern was called "rubble wall pattern" When on Malta you can still observe walls that have this pattern. Piled chunks of rock filled up with mortar.

In the War Museum of Malta I saw two types: one orginaly khaki with added brown and some green/brown ones with added sand colour.

Nice helmet. Rather scarce I imagine!

Cheers,

Emile