Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Camouflage mk2 with red M stencilled on the front.

Article about: Hi, ive just bought this mk2 you can still see the green / brown camouflage, but it Also has a faint M stencilled on the front. Its stamped 276 1940 on the helmet and liner says 7 TTC 2_1940

Default Camouflage mk2 with red M stencilled on the front.

Hi, ive just bought this mk2 you can still see the green / brown camouflage, but it
    Also has a faint M stencilled on the front. Its stamped 276 1940 on the helmet and liner says 7 TTC 2_1940, any ideas? This is the first time ive had to ask as ive always managed to search the forums.Camouflage mk2 with red M stencilled on the front.Camouflage mk2 with red M stencilled on the front.

The M is usually for Messanger but this one looks like it is for a company, what you read on the liner is the size(7) TTC, the maker of the liner (Teddy Toy Campany) the version of the liner as it is a MKII liner (The 2) ,1940 the is date of manufacture and the 276 on the helmet is the batch number.

Matt

Would a company camouflage them?

Sorry, forgot to say thanks!

I would agree with the above, not typical messenger badge M, looks to be in a circle and a makers/factory mark perhaps, but so many of these oddities are not known. Why stick a red logo on a camo helmet is anyones guess.

looks nice whatever the story behind it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by paulyelverton View Post
    Would a company camouflage them?
    Hi, welcome to the forum Paul, I have not seen this marking either to a helmet, although I would agree that it looks period as the wear patterns are superb. It is possible that it is a Home Guard helmet but I would be more inclined to think that it is an Army unit, as it is the best ballistic quality helmet available. Either way, it ticks all the boxes for me and is a rare and valuable example, thanks for showing it. Leon.