Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Camouflage, & re-painted helmets.

Article about: Camouflage: A design of patches of dull colours (such as browns & greens) as used in military camouflage. An standard army Mk2 with textured paint, with a swathe of black paint across it

Very nice Aaron and Mark thanks for posting these

Matt

?

Thanks Matt Aaron indeed has some stunning helmets in his collection I am rather partial to the field repaints and camo's myself.

Regards Mark

?

Here's another heavy sand textured one, with COM DR.
    What this stands for? Commander, something to do with despatch riders (DR)??
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Camouflage, & re-painted helmets.   Camouflage, & re-painted helmets.  

Camouflage, & re-painted helmets.   Camouflage, & re-painted helmets.  

A lot of stunning lids shown.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Hi Jerry many thanks I of course can only speak for Canadian camo painted Mk II's but they seem to be quite scarce indeed more so than there British cousins.
    This is very probably do to the fact of the small war time production numbers as well as the Mk II continued in service for twenty odd years post war as we never adopted the Mk III,Mk VI, or Mk IV.
    The Mk II seen active service till being fully replaced by the US-M-1 conciquently every helmet that was post war used by the Canadian Military would have suffered a repaint at some time in its service career .

Regards Mark

?

Another heavy textured repaint, it has an yellow/red flash to one side?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Camouflage, & re-painted helmets.   Camouflage, & re-painted helmets.  

?

An Mk1* belonging to the RASC, again an nice heavy textured repaint.

?

An home front black painted Mk2 which was most likely used by an factory home guard, or home guard. Due to shortages from mid 1940 until mid 1941, the HG had to use whatever they could get their hands on.
    This one has had an sand textured paint applied over the black, & an net added, which has left an ghosting on the paint where it has been on so long.

?

This textured repainted army Mk2 had a small diamond flash to the front which has be over painted.
    It has some wear to the top of the helmet where it has been continually been used.
    Both shell & liner are dated 1939.

I don't own any camo/repainted Helmets like the many examples shown here,but its fantastic to view such incredible period done items and for that i take my hat off (if i had one) to all those that have taken the time to show,well done guys..........

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast